1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Obamacare Coming to an End??

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by GunDr, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

A challenge filed by the Pacific Legal Foundation contends that the Affordable Care Act is unconstitutional because the bill originated in the Senate, not the House. Under the Origination Clause of the Constitution, all bills raising revenue must begin in the House.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/31/obamacare-lawsuit-over-health-care-tax-will-test-c/?page=1&utm_medium=RSS&utm_source=RSS_Feed

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Once you create a cancerous tumor like Obamacare, it can only end with total economic collapse.

-Gary

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Presidents must also be citizens. Jake

4. Tim Earney

Tim Earney Member

If something doesn't end it, it will bankrupt and destroy this country.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If there is an existing precedent for an exception then don't expect this to result in overturning Obama's Health Care Redistribution Act.

6. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Obama was asleep in the white house and awoke to see Washington 's
    ghost. He asked, "George, how can I make this country better?"

Washington said, "Be honest with the people like I was."

Obama went back to sleep and awoke again this time to see the ghost of
    Thomas Jefferson and asked, "Tom, how can I make this country better?"

Jefferson said, "Love the constitution like I did."

Again Obama fell asleep and awoke this time to Lincoln and asked,
    "Abe, how can I make this country better?"

Lincoln replied, "Go to the theater, see a play."

7. dhip

dhip Active Member

Let's see..Economy still tanking....Ammunition for citizens disappearing.....Last photo of President being circulated via e-mails shows him carrying the book---POST America.....Could it be,that with three years to go the government will invoke and antagonize citizens to the point of rebellion,causing current president to enforce Marshall Law.Therefore postponing any elections in the future until unrest is settled....Just wondering out loud. Could it be so?????

Doug H.(pa(

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

RickN I like that

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

if he did would the military go along with it??? That's the question. Bulge.

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

No Obamacare isn't coming to an end - in fact the nightmare is just starting.

The fix has been in since the beginning. 4 years ago they were saying it will never pass the House - passes the House. It'll never pass in the Senate - it's passes due to the Louisiana purchase and the Corn husker kickback, the district courts will strike it down, if they don't it will never make it pass the Supreme Court. Guess what it pass the Supremes with the so called pseudo conservative John Roberts writing the majority decision.

It will just be a nightmare though if you work, or wanta work, or old and white. If you're a freebie hound it will fit in perfectly with your EBT, WIC, Obamaphone, rent assitances...................................

Talked to my nephew over Easter, he is a manager with a regional supermarket change. They don't hire full time hourly people anymore thanks to Oa**care- 30 hours a week max. This place has/was been a haven for displaced older workers. If you were 55 and older and lost your job, you could always go work there. They would hire you, maybe not an ideal job but it was better than sitting home. Now that place will only give you 30 hours or less a week. It hurt those people.

11. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Rick, I just spit my cheesesteak all over my brand new carpet.

12. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

GunDr: Thank you for your post. It is murky as to where did this piece of sh$t actually originate. The other issue that has not been discussed is, although the Congress has a right to raise revenue, when did we ever tax non-activity? If the Congress had an unresticted right to tax then why the Income tax Amendment to the Constitution? I hope that it will be deemed unconstitutional as this is the worse piece of legislation since Prohibition. Thanks again. BT100dc

13. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I thought that was the reason Roberts said it was a tax. For people to go back and sue. Once it hit the SCOTUS, they would kill it due to the senate tax.

jerbear_2008_0303226.jpg

Jerbear

14. crusha

crusha TS Member

How can it end, when it follows the same formula as the most successful public-private partnership in the history of Plant Earth: The Military-Industrial complex. Obamacare creates the equivalent of a Military-Industrial complex within the healthcare industry.

Really? Oh yes, sports fans. When looked at analytically, the analogy becomes painfully familiar.

One one hand, you have the private insurance companies, hospitals, and doctors who have the resources and expertise to provide the service that is needed (government contractors, in essence). And on the other hand, there is the massive Federal bureaucracy that oversees it (ie, Pentagon). The private health industry is headed up by ambitious people who are motivated by money, and whose organization seeks to perpetuate itself. The government bureaucracy, on the other hand...is headed up by ambitious people who are motivated by money, and whose organization seeks to perpetuate itself.

See a pattern starting to develop?

Now, that's not how Mother Jones is going to tell the story. In the private wet-dreams of people who favor socialized medicine, these two entities will "bargain" against each other (just like the Pentagon and Military contractors supposedly "negotiate" against each other to get the best deal for the taxpayer - how's that working for ya?). This untenable arrangement continues until one day a giant "showdown" takes place, and the government wins out over the private industry, socializing the entire system, bringing peace, prosperity, and health care fairness to all.

But keep in mind that in the Military industry, the people on both sides of the negotiating table often have the same career paths, and take each other to dinner, as they work to figure out how to separate taxpayers from our money and divide it up for themselves. They're both in the same game. They're like WWE referees and wrestlers who ride to tournaments in the same silver bus. They NEED each other, and they need us to be in the dark about the motivations of each side.

The most likely outcome is analogous to what we've seen in the Military-industrial complex: a symbiotic alliance develops between these two entities, which is so powerful and entrenched it can never be brought to heel. If American history is any guide, I predict this bunch will figure out a way to coexist with each other, scratch each others' backs, and fatten and aggrandize themselves in unison. They'll become far, far richer, working together, than they ever could have been working separately.

What's really rich about this, is that the architects of Obamacare took peoples' greatest animosity about health care, which was resentment toward insurance companies, and used it to pass a bill that was partially written by (drum roll...) the insurance companies. Mr. and Mrs. American Citizen, you've been royally had. You were mad that insurance companies plot to deny you care, in order to increase their bottom line? Well, guess what! Now the Government and Insurance companies have TEAMED UP with each other, to play the same game: denying you care! And you don't know what a Power Play is, until you've been sandwiched between these two Roller Derby Girls.

This is a massive swindle, designed to separate you from your money, perpetuated in the name of "fairness" and "expanding access to care." What it really does, is expand access to corrupt financial gain for people who are properly connected. The new Power Diploma in American society isn't a law degree, anymore; it's a Bachelor's in Public Policy from Georgetown, followed by a Wharton MBA in Healthcare Management.

Don't believe me? Watch the impending exodus of government bureaucrats, who will take their Federal Retirement Pension, retire from their jobs, and take higher-paying ones in the Health Care industry, where they will be richly-compensated for helping their employers navigate the bureaucratic jungle maze (the same basic career path as retired military generals, landing Vice President jobs at Defense Contractors after their Federal Pension is safely in-hand, despite never having worked in a private company for a day in their adult lives).

It's not every day you get to witness the creation of a new Military Industrial complex. We have just seen one being born, Ladies and Gentlemen.

Harry Truman didn't know the half of it. "May you live in Interesting Times."

15. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I read a commentary today that said it originated in the house as a totally different bill with a different title. It passed and was sent to the senate where the title was changed and the bill was gutted and Obamacare inserted in it's place. By any standard of legality therefore, the bill that is Obamacare did NOT originate in the house. This is why the dims have vehemently refused to call it a tax, which justice Roberts declared it to be.

16. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I was thinking about selling my Wellpoint stock, but after reading buzzy's post, I might hang on to it. The only thing is, the government needed Boeing, Lockheed, General Dynamics, etal to build their planes, ships and subs. I guess the 64 trillion question is - does the government need United Healthcare, Wellpoint, Kaiser, etc.... to deny claims to undesireables, or pay claims for it's politically correct citizens? The government could do that themselves, but might want to keep the boogeyman insurance companies around to take the blame and be their wiping boy?

Your right buzzy, a graduate from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government would be the holy grail of degrees. Put your 20 years in at HHS, get the pension and head off to do some "administering" at one of the big health insurers. I wonder how many staffers who wrote that 3000 page Affordable Care Act have already headed to greener pastures, with the insurers?

17. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

18. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Here in Idaho there are very few job postings that have 40 hrs with benefits. Thats the way it is now because employers cannot afford it

19. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Obamacare is here to stay UNLESS-------- As long as Dems control the Presidency or at least one house of Congree, Obamacare is absolutely safe! The Dems have brought 1/6 of the economy under government control. They have the power of life and death over all citizens and they have the means of re-distributiing wealth. Plus, they are exempt themselves! Why would they ever end it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

obama care coming to an end

obamacare coming to an end