1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is mx3 the best trap combo Perazzi ever made

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoke-um, Feb 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

What do you think of Mx3 combo?

2. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

A very nice gun, but best perazzi? I dont think so, the adjustable rib guns are more versatile, in my opinion.

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The TM-1 was the best single made.. and to some.. the MX3 was the best doubles gun ever made.. It's all about the dynamics..

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Smoke um, There has only ever been 2 400x400 high all around's 1 of them was done with a MX-3 so yes it has been 1 of the 2 best.

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

With all due respect, but by Perazzi standard, MX-3 is hardly one of the better guns they ever made.

MX-3 was the first real "cost saving" model they put on the market during those "lean years" in the second half of the '80s, mainly to compete with Beretta 680s. The rounded monobloc & plain side receiver were the two major cost saving effect in the Perazzi production line.

Perazzi's signature "Seashell sculpted" receiver was very costly to make at the time (still is now), but it's only cosmetic, it doesn't affect anything except eye appeal,

But the squared monobloc is one of the strongest feature in keeping barrel stay on it's receiver. A properly fitted (factory) Perazzi barrel with squared monobloc can be fired (only bottom barrel was tested) with a hand held without the lock bolt. Can't do that with a rounded monobloc.

That's why even the entry level Perazzis in current production (MX-14, 15 etc.) still utilize their squared monoblec.

I realize many records were set with MX-3 by many top shooters, maybe this only proves there's no bad Perazzi. But there're better Perazzis.

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Another design perspective... If you own a MX3, you look down the best designed rib that they put out. The rib is ramp and keeps mass away from your eye. It is tapered giving yo a more directional feel. And it is concave, again allowing a directional feel. But the main thing I notice is that the front of the rib is just high enough to block out the bbl. In the MX8 your eye picks up the bbl mass. Not so in the MX3.

But is it a better gun than a bifurcated MX15 or MX2000. I would say not.

the 3 is venerable, but given the same amount of time, the 2000 and 15 will likely surpass the 3. If not already.

7. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

what are the opinions of the MX8 and where does it fit in the line-up?

Doc

8. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

at the top!!

9. vdt

vdt Active Member

MX-3 for me ....vdt

10. joehunter

joehunter Member

I vote for the MX3 Special. The best of both worlds. The rib height of the MX3 and the square mono block.

Joey

11. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

Would someone expound on the MX8 please?

Doc

12. JACK

The answer is... "no and HELL NO"

The MX3 round mono has great balance. And that is subjective. But again, I like the MX3 for balance and for the ribs. The MX3 O/U rib is as good as a rib can get. The ADj ribs are nice, but a MX3 rib is really sleek. On both the single and the O/U.

13. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I'll chime in here for a second. I've had TMX Specials, TM-1's, MX-15, MX-8, MX-3C, DB-81's, and now a MX-3 Special. Of them all, the MX-3 and MX3 Special are at the top of my list. Trying to compare them to the others just isn't possible for me. The difference is like night and day... The MX-3 Special is, without question, the very best of the best. The dynamics of the MX-3 Special gun are far superior to any of the others. The rib height and configuration are the best Perazzi ever produced, and the gun handles like a dream with either barrel attached. Don't get me wrong here, ANY Perazzi is a great target gun, but, for me, the MX-3 Special is the cream of the crop..... Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

14. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

Ok guy's this is my experience with talking with countless trapshooters,i have herd many times from older trap shooters they shot there best with a mx3 combo and i mean allot of shooters many say they where aa 27 aa with that gun and they thought they should upgrade and it was worse so maybe there is something special about a mx3.Kerry Allor says it is the best trap gun ever made thats pretty good from a man that see's a 100 different guns every year.

15. JACK

Dan. It is an opinion. the Munsons differ. Bullard Differs. My buds the Demullings differ. Add Zauhar an oher top shooters... No, the MX3 is not the best. Maybe for me and Dan, but th rest is pure subjective comment.

16. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

MX8

MX3 Special

MX8 Special.

17. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Now guys.. We're leaving out the GA1 GA2 and expecially the GA88 which is RARE...but excellent.. And.. where is the MX10 in this conversation????

18. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Mike.. The GA1, GA2 and the GA88 are all excellent bunker/flyer guns, but, in my opinion, for American trap, I don't think they can compare to the handling characteristics of an MX-3 Special. As for the MX-10, I, personally, have yet to shoot one that handles even remotely like the MX3 Special. As MIA states, it's purely subjective, and a matter of personal preference, right?.... Dan

19. dverna

dverna Active Member

If I was selling one, it would be the best gun ever made.

Don Verna

20. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Don.... And if I was buying one, it had better be!... Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best shooting perazzi ever made

perazzimx3bwhatyearwheretheymade
the best trap guns made
when were mx3 made
where is perazzi mx-15 made