1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it time to get out of Iraq?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by billy77, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billy77

billy77 TS Member

Is it really time to get out? Have I been worn down by the length of this war and the media....I don't know? Seems to me we won the war and are losing the peace. Maybe we should set up some strongly protected bases in Iraq to go after the terroists and let the Iraqs settle their own differences and not get caught in between. Am I right or wrong? WC

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Should have been out of there 3-1/2 yrs. ago!!

Curt - Delaware

3. Mac V

Mac V Guest

I don't see Iraq as ever being a physical threat to the US but they definitely know that they can be an economic threat. We can't leave them now...we want their oil!

Mike

4. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I feel we should stay. I too talk to many who serve there and they feel their presence is serving a better Iraq. Those politicians who are making public statements about leaving are not helping the sitution in Iraq. If anthing they are giving hope to the terrorists.I just wish the media would report the good that is being done there. Jake

5. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

How long has the war been over in Germany, Korea, etc??

We still have military there and all over the world.

We are fools, and getting worse.

Iraq will be no different.

One positive note. Our military is already mobilized to fight the next war in Iran!

What about all the help we gave Saudi Arabia? Now they laugh in our faces, and could cale less if we are attacked by terrorists. Their rag draped ass is safe in their marble palaces!

This is a bunch of BS, and we all know it.

It won't matter who you vote for. Every professional politician is so deep in lobyists pockets that they can't get their hands out. Like the monkey who is so greedy, he reaches thru the bars for a handful of food, then because he won't let go of the food, he can't get loose.

Which monkey will we put in office this time?

Danny

6. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Never should have been there in the first place. Now we've got a big friggin mess that we can throw all the money and men at we want, we're not going to fix things. You've got God and a public armed with AK-47s in the mix, and that's a no win situation. All we're doing now is wasting more money and grinding up more servicemen.

All the money we've dumped into that shit hole should have been spent on finding a real alternative to oil. Then we could tell the middle east to go to hell, say "sorry Isreal, you're on your own", and let all those idiots have at it in the name of God, their tribe, and the Holy Land.

Michael

7. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

A lot of people's foresight ends at their nose.

Buz

8. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Buzz, I think your giving some people more credit than they deserve.

You prognosticating cowards know who you are.

Jim

9. oletymer

oletymer Member

The big problem in Iraq now is the various factions attacking each other. Our armed forces are trying to make everyone get along. It isn't going to happen. I think it is time to back off and let them fight it out until they settle the power struggle. The government we support just fights among themselves and gets nothing done. In the mean time we are losing lives.

10. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Good one Jbbor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't it be fun to see that clip played on the 6:00 news.

Jim

11. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Bob, just what is the job we do once we take the gloves off? Can someone give me some sort of plan for victory other than, "Don't leave, send more troops, spend more money"? I understand we need to fight radical Islam, but man, more and more it feels like we're just digging a hole for ourselves in Iraq.

Michael

12. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

I have no kids. I don't care what happens thirty years from now. The Democrats are going to get 10s of thousands of Americans killed. I say let them. Then maybe the survivors may get a clue. Just hope the ones killed aren't people you care about.

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

This is not war as we know it. The war was over and won when Saddam's forces were defeated. It was REALLY over when there was a free election in Iraq.

The problem now is we can't stop them from killing each other, and us to boot. they don't care who they kill. Women, children, whatever. If they get some of the hated Americans so much the better.

Now is the time for Iraq to heal itself in whatever way it takes.

We should stay there, but not in the sense that we are now. In my opinion, Iran is a bigger threat than Iraq ever was, and our presence there is the only thing stopping the crazy bastard Ahmadinejad from running totally amok.

Now: Either we are going to "occupy" Iraq, which means martial law until most of the arms caches are eliminated and order is established; or we should withdraw from Iraqi affairs and keep bases as necessary for a military presence.

The Iraquis are dragging their feet like a teenager trying to avoid a chore. This has to stop. Either they get with the program or we toss them overboard.

HM

14. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

"Iran’s Islamic penal code, which is a parallel system to its civic code, says murder charges can be dropped if the accused can prove the killing was carried out because the victim was morally corrupt.

This is true even if the killer identified the victim mistakenly as corrupt. In that case, the law requires “blood money” to be paid to the family. Every year in Iran, a senior cleric determines the amount of blood money required in such cases. This year it is $40,000 if the victim is a Muslim man, and half that for a Muslim woman or a non-Muslim."

This is from news reports of April 19, 2007.

Some of these "morally corrupt" men were guilty of walking in public with women.

Iraq is not far away from this type of thinking. These people are not like us. They don't think like us. They can't handle democracy like us.

We need to either get out of there or level the place.

THE REBEL - I applaud your service in WWII, and appreciate every day that men like you fought for my freedoms. However, despite 9/11, Iraq was never a threat to us, and nothing there is certainly worth the lives and costs of this war.

Danny

15. grammie

grammie TS Member

Ahhhh,,,,the "key"!!!!

The "key" to the whole of the middle east crisis has been,,and always will be ISRAEL!!!

Until americans understands the "perceived threat" that is "Israel",,,then the middle east shall always be a source of trouble!!! What does that mean to you and your country??? It means your "manufacturing economy",,,is "hinged" upon the natural resource that abounds in that region,,,OIL!!!! Without OIL,,,you would not have 99% of the little materialistic things you think you need to be comfortable....It means that every little "blip" that could disrupt the flow of oil is first felt in YOUR WALLET!!!!

What does the "Middle East" make "most" americans think of???? Be honest now!!! The first thought that comes to mind is OIL/ARABS!!!

What does "Israel" make "most" americans think of???? Jews??? Holocost??? Bagels???

Or perhaps the more advanced might think of Ownership of Media(both print and televised)Ownership of World Banking,,,and much much more when conjering up your first thoughts of Israel!!

Here is the short version of what we have done over the last 50 years or so----America has put the need of one(Arab/oil/) to run economy,,,below the needs of the other (jews/world banking/communication) to run economy,,,,,,,,and the very things we need to survive as a nation is in the hands of other countries!!!!!

And people wonder what the problem is???????

Just a thought gentlemen!!!!!! We cannot seal our OWN borders,,,,how in hell do you expect to seal theirs????

Heres another,,,,,We let more than 2 million people be led to the slaughter house after Vietnam,,,,and we didn't do a damn thing!!!!

One more,,,,,Wasen't it rather obvious years ago when the futures price for oil was above 58 per barrel until Nov.2008,,,when Georgie has to go,,,,,and very soon he gets to possibly VETO a spending bill that contains provisons and wording to bring troops home """"BEFORE"""" NOV.2008????????????????

And here is a question????? Has actions taken by George Bush to date been to WIN a WAR,,,,,,,,or PROLONG IT??????????? Until 2008 when he can look you in the eye and say,,,"well,,we tried",,,,and no malice brought towards him,,,because in YOUR MINDS,,,it would have been the DEMS that blocked victory in Iraq,,,,,and then all your little brains can fry and sizzle for the next 20 years debating the issue with veterns with one arm and no legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKA Grammie............

16. mastergunner

mastergunner TS Member

Thank you for supporting terrorism. All of you who are is such a big hurry to leave.

Thank you for falling into the trap. You are a great voice for their cause.

Just wait the Americans out they have no will no staying power. We can defeat them.

Thank you so much for your support.

17. grammie

grammie TS Member

No Bob,,,it dosen't take a genuis,,,,,where we find ourselves today is proof of that!!!

This president takes his orders from elsewhere,,,,He is only dangerous when allowed to think on his own!!!!

AKA Grammie....

18. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

This war Islam is having with the rest of the world will go on for decades until they win. Democrats think when we pull out of Iraq the war of Muslims against the United States will be over. It will only be starting. With an entire country as a safe haven for terrorists to plan after Iran and their terrorists supporters take over they will grow stonger than ever. Our defeat in Afghanistan will follow shortly after. With the world's insatiable appetite for oil to fuel their armies and weapons they will grow stronger and stronger. A world-wide movement of the most radical Muslims in all Muslim countries with their hatred and power fueled on by the defeat of the world's most modern army. The war will only be starting. Picture Europe with daily riots as the most radical Muslims make more and more demands from the defeated West. We leave now we will never again fight them in the Middle East. The war will only be started. This most evil generation of clueless baby boomers that are trying to run our country with the new religion of political correctness will lead us to ruin. The current leaders of the Democratic party are the worst example of leaders that this country has ever seen. Ex-hippies now running the country, God help us.

19. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Democrats and the media don't think this is a war on terror. The terrorists do. If they believe it then it is true. If the Democrats win the next election and pull out and surrender there will be no mistake in the Muslim world. America lost. America doesn't have the stomach for war anymore. America is defeated. They will grow stonger, not only in the Middle East, but around the world. We will decline.

20. Mac V

Mac V Guest

<blockquote>"The oil argument is so old. Come up with something better. We have far more oil under the USA than does Iraq."</blockquote>

1. The US (George's daddy) went in Iraq in '91 for one reason only...to protect our oil interests in the Mid-East. The Saudis wouldn't go in and risk a regional conflict that might involve the Jews, so good old Sam went in with an ulterior motive. Iraq responded by trying to destroy the industry when it left...they knew all to well why we had come in so willingly.

2. Little George went back in after 9-11 because the US wanted a whipping boy and Saddam was a convenient lackey. You can bet that Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Powell and Cheney all had it in mind that this was a golden time to establish a long-term presence in the region to look after our oil interests there. The Afghan operation was a convenient diversion to get us off the boats and in the region without having it look too much like a preemptive strike on Iraq. Vietnam showed us the futility of attacking a guerrilla force on its home field so nothing short of major incompetence would have led forces to do it without having other goals in mind.

3. Yes, the US has oil reserves, and you can bet that we will sit on them until either the price of oil goes high enough worldwide that the big oil cartel deems it profitable to develop them or the supply drops so low that we have no other choice (the North Slope fields are producing at only 40% capacity and have been for years0. Until then, we will buy and use everyone elses' resources while hoarding our own...a canny move but too transparent to the rest of the world. OPEC has long maintained that the US could supply more of its oil from its own resources than it does but has more money than brains. So if we want to use their oil instead of our own, we can just pay dearly for it.

The oil argument may be old, but it's still more valid than any political argument I've heard recently.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.