1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IS IT TIME TO BUY BEFORE THE UPCOMING BAN?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by BT-100dc, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

The Nation has spoken. Gun control is on the way. Do you think it is wise to start to buy high capacity magazines or an AR? Maybe even some extra 10 shot magainzines for your .22 pistols? This next Assault Weapons Ban will be so far more reaching as it will be under the radar. Look for the Feds to unleash its might under this disasterous regime. Time to buy? BT100dc

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    When money is worthless you can barter with food and ammunition.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

As a Dealer, I can tell you that many of the guns folks want are not in the pipelines, and no one knows when they will be available.

I looked for small frame S&W revolvers last night. Forget it!

Glocks are getting in short supply. I can buy all the Taurus and Rossi's I can afford, but will not sell them because I would not own one.

If I would not own it, I will not sell it.

If you waiting until now to buy an AR and ammo, go get a bank loan. No kidding.

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Depend on "Do you really want it?" If you always wanted one, or two, buy them while you can.

Don't buy them just because there's a ban coming. It's silly.

I had too many before the '94 ban, when I saw the prices went three folds for the "Pre-Ban" rifles, I sold all of my pre-ban ARs.

Last pre-ban Colt AR carbine went for $3000.

Then I bought a post ban Colt receiver and build my own 16" Match Target model for $650, virtually the same gun without flash hider, 6 position stock, and bayonet lug. for $650 I can stuck with it for good, but not $3000.

In 2004, when the ban expired, I bought a 6 position stock and after market flash hider for it, I don't miss the bayonet lug. :)

5. johnhefley

johnhefley Member

As indicated, many, many firearms are becoming VERY difficult to obtain.

I recently received a .204 ruger upper for my RRA AR, and it took 11 months!

Rock River's backlog is easily 6 months for nearly all of their firearms, and more likely a year or more.

I've spoken with dealers who ordered RRA guns last January, and still haven't received them.

I've shopped for quite a few other similar firearms lately, and decided that any one of 3 or 4 different models would suit me. Availability? Nearly zero. And the manufacturer websites all say "out of stock" or similar.

Steve W said it well: "If you always wanted one, or two, buy them while you can."

I'm not a great believer in doomsday scenarios, but our president has made it clear on more than one occasion that he is motivated to impose restrictions on firearms.

I'll forego the opportunity to Obama bash, leaving it to others (with more time available for political pissing contests), but suffice it to say that there are many, many people in our government, not to mention in our broader society who simply do not understand gun owners, and who would prefer to eliminate legal gun ownership in America. The only thing between us and them right now (in the best case) is a republican controlled house of representatives.

jh

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Now you have a little better understanding WHY the Democrats fought so hard to keep the 1 million M1 Garands from being returned to their rightful owners from Korea!!

CMP would have had them all sold by now!!!

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Obsolete? NOT!

8. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

So does anyone have a nice AR for sale?
    Rooferbob

9. shadow

shadow Active Member

I bit the bullet and bought a Sig M-400 AR a couple days ago at my local Wal-Mart. The store only had one left and I snatched it. $897.00 didnt seem to be a bad price. It was a couple hundred more than the DPMS rifles,but came with a 3x scope and mounts. Now I have to run over to the pawn shops near Ft Campbell and pick up a bunch of mags and less expensive ammo for the Sig.

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Just spokje with my buddy who is a senior Manager at Cabelas. They are swamped with gun buyers since the election , standing in line all day every day a.nd most are buying black guns and lots of ammo. Cabelas has always sold a lot of guns but the gun sales have increased 100% since Nov 6th

11. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

Well, if you look on Gun Broker.com it looks like they have a $hit load of them and a pretty good prices.

Cheers,

George

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    So what are you going to do when the the law bans possession? Turn them in?

Or has anyone thought that far ahead?

13. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Turn what in????

14. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I don't have any guns to turn in

15. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Never turn our guns in. Retroactive laws are UNCONSTITUTIONAL. They would likely prohibit the sale, transfer, gift or via your will, of the hit list guns being declared illegal; also ban on magazines in excess to 9 shots. Probably starts with a manufacturing ban and then progressively gets worse from there. Some on this site thinks that's not possible but is it? I've been keeping my eyes open since the Gun Conrol Act of 1968 and the liberals have dedicated themselves to the cause. Watch for end around attepts through Executive Orders, proposed U.N. Treaties amd so forth. BT100dc

16. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Largest percentage of guns purchased since the election are from non gun owners. For some reason the feel safer with a gun. Buy stock in the gun companies. Then use their guns to protect them and us.
    Check out Pakalert.com. Dept. of HLS purchased 1.7 billon rounds of ammo. FEMA
    Has been order to prepare for mass death. Either form Hurricans like in Orleans or domestic terrorisum. Wild Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.