1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it safe to load Estate cases with Fiocchi 616 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BRGII, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

It better be, I have loaded several thousand in Estate and Top Gun hulls. Better bang for the buck. R

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I certainly hope so too... I have several thousand Estates loaded with Fiocchi 616's and 17.5gr. Promo powder with 450gr. shot to use for singles and first shot on doubles. I have shot a lot of this load and it performs perfectly... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Yes. Post-2

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

They should work well enough. I didn't have the greatest results with them in colder weather with some powders. I usually use the Federal 209A and then the Rio G600 for the second loading. I toss them after the second loading, since the primer pockets seem to start leaking after a few loadings. You may see a little "soot" around the primer after firing. Those hulls should be discarded, or an oversized primer used for the next loading. Getting data would be another story. Several reliable sources have stated that you should be OK with data for the Gold Medal Hulls. Your velocities would usually run a little lower, but not enough to worry about.

Be sure to inspect your hulls before loading, on the INSIDE. These hulls have a tendency to get wet and the basewads will swell if they do. Toss any that have rust or evidence of moisture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.