1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT MY POI CAN CHANGE WEEK 2 WEEK?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    i have a serious question. last weekend i was hitting targets with absolute authority, hitting them so hard the smoke was rolling over and over. this weekend, i got big chunk hits, gun seemed like the poi was to high. last weekend my poi seemed to be just right. how in the heck can my poi change when i did nothing to the gun? i shot at the same club, same trap houses, same shells, same shooting clothing, i just don't understand this game sometimes. everyone i talk to says don't just anything on the gun. so i didn't change a thing, and the gun shot like it wasn't even my gun. any ideas what may have happened?
    steve balistreri

2. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Yes- if you don't mount the gun the same every time.

3. senior smoke

687eell-high blood pressure and weight gain.
    steve

4. jhoward

jhoward Member

Your clothing can also affect things, wearing lighter or heavier clothes can affect where your face contacts your stock. That can change things depending on comb height at the different locations on the stock.

5. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

One thing you didn't mention about being the same was the target height. Wind direction the same? Just a thought. Steve

6. senior smoke

thanks rick!
    steve

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

I have a bigger problem.

My POI changes during the round!!

20 ink balls and then 3 or 4 weaker hits and maybe a miss or two.

Damn stupid game.

don

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Different make up of the targets: The bio degradable kind don't smoke. Maybe the targets were a different brand that were designed for home thrown use...harder to break due to design in those for rougher handling. Different ammunition that patterned differently. Loose choke tube that you caught later on? A wet stock...swollen wood against the barrel changing the resonance dynamics...happens with rifles.

But in the winter, I bet it was a clothing change. Happens to me all the time. Forget to take off the jacket, sweatshirt or whatever...

9. senior smoke

i have never participated in a sport that demands perfection like trapshooting. i love this sport, but my avg usually only goes down. well back to the basics. next week maybe i will get lucky. i shot like a dog this weekend, just opened up the sport page and i hit the last lewis class. my score is not looking so bad right now. I guess better lucky than good.
    steve balistreri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.