1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is It Me or Do all Canidates Suck 4 President

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 4andy10, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

Enough Said!!!!!!!! LOOKS LIKE IT'LL BE OBAMA HUSSIEN & JOHN MCCAIN. How do we just say NO to all of em? IF THIS IS THE BEST THEY CAN OFFER US CAN'T WE JUST REJECT THEM? Need more canidates PLEASE!!!!!!!! ONLY one I'd vote for would be Huckabee.
    4andy10

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

It,s like you get DUMB and or DUMBER ? So what will it be a Liberal War hero or a Liberal Black Muslim ??

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

NO one will listen. I want to have a "negative vote" where you can reduce a candidate's total by one with your vote.

Somone will come up minus 2 million.

HM

4. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Brewster's Millions: Vote none of the above.

Think of the 100's of millions of dollars raised for ALL of the Presidential Campaigns.

Makes me and all of my student's sick.

I teach American Government and two things keep sticking with the kids and its constantly being brought up in classroom discussions:

1. They can't believe all of the waisted money on Political Campaigns. When they see the millions being spent and wasted then give me 50-100 better examples of how that money should have been spent, they make a good point

2. They all agree with George Washington's warning of Political Parties. He warned that there should be absolutely NO political parties what so ever. Everyone votes their heart, everyone votes their beliefs without any worry about committing career suicide if one votes against party lines. He warned that government would degenerate down to party v. party and people would lose their vote to the party's agenda and not vote their values and beliefs.

My students all think their should be a Constitutional Amendment banning all political parties and any clandestine party involvement is grounds for immediate censorship and removal from office.

I tend to agree with Washington too. The guy was not the Father of our Country for nothing. This is another example of why he was such a great leader.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Alf-99, correction - it's a LIBERAL ANTI-GUNNER and a LIBERAL ANTI-GUNNER.

6. darr

darr Well-Known Member

It is not you.

Darr

7. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

The last good one was Andrew Jackson. He was the last one to turn over a "0" national debt.

Buz

8. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Nope, it's not just you. They all suck. By far the worst slate I've ever seen.

9. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Hey BP29, Amazing how much wisdom that the founding fathers had, seems like todays leaders are missing this quality. Like Bennie F. coined when said those who would give up liberties for security, deserve neither. Dems attacks on the 2nd Amendment and the Gop's attack on the 1st and 4th, both saying it is for our benefit... Mike

10. tomk2

tomk2 Member

Someone asked me today if George Bush was my favorite president. Shocked that they would ask such a thing, I was even more dumfounded to realize that no president elected while I was alive could claim that title. And that does not seem to be going to change anytime soon.

11. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Well, we all know Obama and Hillary's stance. As bad as McCain seems, he is the lesser of the three evils. I have to agree with all above it is a pitiful lot that we have to choose from. John I understand your frustration, I feel much the same. I will vote against the most liberal, or Hillary. As it stands the only realistic chance of stopping either is McCain, sorry as his record is. Our vote is our main weapon use it. God help us this go round. J.Woolsey

12. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

the problem is that nobody seeks to emulate the great leaders like FDR and Churchill....

13. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I'm with you, Mr. Malcolm. I've been a registered Republican for 35 years, but I'm going to have a hard time voting this time. Enough is enough. I'm especially dismayed at the California Republican Party. Tom McClintock should be our Guv....not that Austrian "Kennedy" in Sacramento.

14. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

When it gets to the final 2 candidates that will run against one another; I would rate them as worthless and nauseating. Both getting the same rating. (And believe me they earned those ratings)!! What a cesspool full of debris; that awaits us on election day.. Ed

15. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Three are from the Senate, where it has never bred leaders; one is a former governor not known for his leadership.

Senators are not known for their leadership qualities. The first thing they learn in Congress, is to compromise.

Real leadership means having to pi$$ off some people by making difficult, sometimes unpopular, decisions. None of the four have ever had to do that.

Obama speaks only in the vaguest of terms, and hasn't submitted any significant legislation since he was elected to the Senate. Clinton touts 35 years of experience; in doing what? McCain is more comfortable on the opposite side of the aisle. Has Huckabee really done anything?

The problem in electing a President, is that the best candidates will not undergo the rectal exam necessary to run for our highest office. Whatever a person may have done that the other side may use as ammunition; no matter how trite or trivial, will be used as a sledge hammer to pound that person into political dust. We demand far more perfection than we ever demand of ourselves. The last guy who was that perfect, ended up nailed to a cross. I wouldn't go for it, either.

Would Abraham be elected today? Not likely; he wouldn't pass the handsome test. How about Thomas Jefferson? Not in this era of political correctness. Andrew Jackson fought a fata duel. Would that past behavior be acceptable today?

All four of these candidates are professional politicians (maybe better-termed "whores"), which means that the first thing they do, is to ask strangers for money, promising the donor things on which they know they won't, or can't, deliver.

Never mind the fictional stories of a hero being swept into office, resisting all the way. No one becomes President who doesn't actively seek the job.

Best,
    Dennis

16. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

To answer the question:

They suck!

Curt

17. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Kind of makes you feel like the Russians of 40 years ago,,Gun to your head,,Heres who you vote for,,"Got It"!!!
    What a sad mess of crap this is,,

Is it possible that Newt could be drafted to run of office?????

18. otnot

otnot Active Member

Until we have term limits in place for all political offices and do away with lobbyists this is what we are are going to get. I say throw out the baby with the bath water and start again. The good old boys club is going to bankrupt our great country. We need new blood.

19. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Like it or not, one of these folks are going to be our next president. If all of us who do not feel we have a candidate representing us do not vote, we being somewhat conservative anyway, will effectively let the liberal democrat coast into office. Remember Bill Clinton won in 92 with 43% of the popular vote. The dems already have control over the legislative branches, we are putting a lot more in jeopardy than gun rights. In my humble opinion we better hold our noses and vote McCain and wait till things are going a little more in our favor to make a statement about our views. We could lose everything in one term with an all democrat governing body. We need what little "checks and balance" we would get because it sometimes takes generations to get conservatives in power like we did in 2002.

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I have likewise, considered not voting, for the first time in my life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.