1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it just me????????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whosyourdaddy, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whosyourdaddy

whosyourdaddy Member

Hi Everyone. I do not post often, and I am not trying to offend anyone. I just finished reading a thread regarding some higher quality shotguns for sale and heaven forbid, there were no pictures, and the seller was asking potential buyers to make a reasonable offer.The seller also offered pictures at a later date. The responses to the thread prompted me to ask a few questions.
    1) If a seller is asking for an offer, why do people request a price, and why are they afraid to make an offer?

2) If you request any information or a picture form a seller, is it common practice not to respond to the seller either way, or is this a trait of "picture collectors"?

This site allows all of us the opportunity to purchase guns we may never see for sale locally. Unfortunately I feel poor buyer ethics and rude responses deter alot of potential sellers from posting here. I have not posted a gun for sale here for quite some time due to this. Once again, I do not mean to offend anyone, some of the best guns I have ever owned have been bought and sold on this site with 110% satisfaction on both ends. Thanks

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

My humble opinion is if you want to sell, put a price on it and put a picture up. Asking for offers so you can shop to the highest person?? Might as well put it on gunbroker and let them bid. The same guys do it over and over and usually cannot get the gun sold. Good honest description with photo and a reasonable price will get sold every time

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

JMO if you want to sell a gun on this sight why would you post the gun(or anything for that matter)with out pictures if you want to sell it put pictures with it from the beginning.

If you want people to buy your gun you need to show it to people. If you say well I have a gun for sale I will post pictures later. Then do us all a favor and post it for sale at the same time you have the pictures available. Not piecemeal please.

Bob Lawless

4. whosyourdaddy

whosyourdaddy Member

I agree, a pic and a price is very helpful. I felt the gentleman had owned the guns for a while and maybe was unsure of the current market. His statement of knowing their value, may have been to deter lowball offers. He may be fishing. Who knows? I feel there is a huge differnce between a lowball offer and a reasonable offer. In the real world, if your buying something, you know what you will pay, make a reasonable offer. If you offend the seller, the item is probably over priced. If you are dealing with a reasonable seller, they will not be offended. If you are afraid of insulting the seller, you already feel your offer is probably not reasonable, keep your offer to yourself, thank the seller for his time, and walk away. This way he will not feel like you are trying to screw him. Failure to make a reasonable offer tells me I am not dealing with a serious buyer or simply a buyer that is afraid of paying $1000 when I may have taken $800. It may just be my poor luck, but I have never been offered more for a gun than I thought I would get for it.

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The thread in guestion . A Browning high grade Broadway make an offer . Then you see the stock has been cut (or just real short) so what is it worth ??

No pictures or price so you take a chance or not . No one is selling any firearm and not know how much they will take for it .

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Sometimes it doesn't matter what you post as far as price or pix ...there are some squeeky tight asses around here that throw the most rediculous offers at you and actually get offended that you graciously decline...most here are decent fair and realistic though.

7. whosyourdaddy

whosyourdaddy Member

Hoosier Daddy.
    It was a nickname given to me by some fellow shooters. While heading to the line for a handicap shoot off with a very accomplished shooter, the shooter commented that he was going to "spank me like my daddy". When I beat him in the shoot off, I made a little spanking gesture and ask him who his daddy was. I still laugh every time I think about it. I will gladly change the sign in name if you would like me to.

8. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

whosyour A picture and price is not only helpful but it,s mandatory if you hope to sell . I don,t know anyone that is willing to guess how much you need out of your gun .. Also 99% condition to you could be %80 to me so pictures please . When you are selling on any web site any offer is a good offer .

9. whosyourdaddy

whosyourdaddy Member

TheLiter....
    Thank you for referring to my post as crap. I smelled s..t when I read your first post, but kept my comments to myself. My apologies for offending you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.