1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by wrenchbender, Jun 4, 2013.

1. wrenchbender

wrenchbender TS Member

Is it just me or am I just crazy? Electing a black President should have been a good thing for this nation.Has anyone else seen anything good come out of this administration?My paycheck isnt any bigger.My tax bill is higher.My IRA and pension have taken huge hits.Weve had Fast and Furious,Benghazi,the lies and cover ups about it,the IRS,phone records from news reporters seized.What the heck is going on? And Obama says he knows nothing about any of it?At least Nixon had the good common sense to quit.Of course if Obama quit,look what we'd get stuck with.Im beginnig to think this country is really headed down hill on a rocket.Is it just me?
    Dave

2. alf174

alf174 Member

Nice to see the blinders coming off there Dave.

3. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Someone reminded us on here the other day. The man said, "..we live in the most wonderful country in the world, now, help me fundamentally transform it?! I don't know what else we have a right to expect?

Kip

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

And Barry blames the Republicans for blocking his plans to move forward?

I would certainly hope so! DUH!

5. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

Rick,

"The only good President is the one who leads, is able to get the people to be one in thought and purpose."

Does that mean that you liked Franklin Roosevelt?

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

FDR the great liberal icon. He rounded up American citizens and herded em into interment camps. What's your opinion of Mr. Roosevelt, Traders?

7. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Thank you Rick Barker. Obama would be a bad president if he had a halo and angels wings. A megalomaniac communist of any color is not good for this country.

Darr

Ps

If you want to talk policy then talk policy. Talking about race is exactly what the left wants to talk about. Without race, intellectually they have no argument.

8. Mapper

Mapper Member

As a depression President, FDR sucked. However, he was a whiz-bang war President. I do not expect the same from our current occupier of that office.

9. Setterman

Economists now claim FDR's programs prolonged the depression by 5 years or more, and affected the recovery by up to 15 years.

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The $hits of it is, because of his skin color I seriously doubt if he will ever be impeached no matter what he does, the best thing they can do is sort of neuter him by digging up all of his scandals, that way he is too busy running and dodging to finish his intended goal of ruining the country

11. Setterman

Economists now claim FDR's programs prolonged the depression by 5 years or more, and affected the recovery by up to 15 years.

12. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The $hits of it is, because of his skin color I seriously doubt if he will ever be impeached no matter what he does, the best thing they can do is sort of neuter him by digging up all of his scandals, that way he is too busy running and dodging to finish his intended goal of ruining the country

13. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Our only hope for redemption is in the hands of the republicans. The lib dems need to be stopped from moving us even further backward then they have already.

14. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

Bisi

i think that putting American citizens in internment camps was one of the worst examples of legalized discrimination in American history. While, Roosevelt was the President, it's important to remember that the Supreme Court said that it was legal and I don't think that Congress objected.

It is hard to disagree that he did lead and was "able to get the people to be one in thought and purpose." That's Rick's description of a good President.

Setterman.

Considering that Roosevelt was elected in 1933 and we started serious tooling up for the war in 1940, it's hard to see how he could have extended the depression by 5 years. That is unless one were to believe that if FDR and Congress had done nothing, the depression would have been over in 1935. Hard to believe.

What there is some agreement on is that as soon as it began, the spending for the war rapidly ended the depression.

15. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Perhaps black is the first deception. His parents were black and white.