1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it fair to say.....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Sargon, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sargon

Sargon TS Member

90% of the money won trap shooting is by 5% of the shooters(same people)? Not counting Lewis class.

You thoughts please.

2. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

It might be...but if you're implying that the "big dogs" win it all...I think you're off the mark. They only shoot one place a weekend, and typically, they are all at the same big shoot, I would think.

THink of all the little club shoots all over the country that never see a big dog....

Couple years back, when i was a rookie, another guy and I won everything that wasn't nailed down that year. Between us we won 14 of the 21 punches available that year at our club. We did OK on the money. Now, however, we're farther back and we don't win as much. And other shooters, generally of shorter yardage, have stepped in and are winning a lot.

So it would be my opinion that, in any given year, you might be right. But most of those shooters move back to a suitable yardage and don't win so much anymore, and then other shooters get the $$ until they move too far back to win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.