1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

is it a mistake on the GA program?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PSA #33, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PSA #33

PSA #33 Member

So yes, on page 38 and page 40 of the 2012 Grand program, wich event we shoot at 9:00am, event #10 or #11?
  2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Event 10 is the first event on Saturday, August 11th.

The schedule of events is on page 3 of the program.
  3. PSA #33

PSA #33 Member

That's what I am saying, On page 40 event 11 Krieghoff 100 Handicap says that starting time is 9:00am. (the time is wrong for that event}. I think, like V10 said that we shoot doubles in the morning, HD at noon and THEN,the first 100 for the 12-A NRA Singles.
  4. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I don't know about your question but there is a misprint regarding the date on Thursday event #20. It says Thursday August 11th when it should be the 16th.

Regarding your question I would deduct that doubles would be first and handicap would be in the afternoon.

Bryan
  5. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie TS Member

According to page 2 the schedule of events says the first 100 of the singles will be the last event on Saturday and the first event on Sunday.
  6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Everything starts at 0900 every day. Not a miss print but an omission.

Guy B.
  7. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

No, Guy, actually it is an error.

The doubles event on Saturday was added to the program when the AIM Championship was moved to before the Grand.

Last year, the first event on Saturday was the handicap.

When the 2012 program was created, the editor put the doubles event in, but didn't properly edit the handicap event header data (delete the starting time from the handicap event and put it in on the doubles event.)

There's also an error on page 46. The starting time for Event 13 will not be 9am. The 2nd 100 of the NRA Singles (Event 12-b) will start at 9am.

I'm guessing that for this one, the editor copied the previous year's Saturday handicap information and again neglected to edit the data properly. (The Event 13 handicap is another added event due to the move of the AIM Championship.)

There are also a couple of other errors.

I don't mention these as criticisms since I'm pretty sure that the person that did the program was doing one for the first time. And anybody who has created a program from a previous year's example has probably made similar errors. I know I have.
  8. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

Actually, I am glad that I don't have the responsibility to create and edit such a complicated program. I found an error relating to the "Grand Gun" program as well as an error in the usage of some dates. I can understand that these were errors due to copying entries from last year's program. It will all be corrected before it affects anyone's shooting.

Charlie
  9. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Ok, but everything still starts at 0900 every day.
  10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yep Guy. The first event of each day kicks off at 9:00am. Good luck to yourself and your lovely lady Boom Boom.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.