1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IS GERMAN STEEL NOT UP TO PAR? (K80)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shark1, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shark1

shark1 Member

Is German steel not up to par? Why do so many K80s fail? Reloader error, barrel obstruction, inferior product or design? I own a Krieghoff K80,Perazzi and Remington and the Boheler Antinite Steel has a a very good reputation (K80). What are your comments being constructive and objective. My guess operator error example improper modifications (poor gunsmithing), bad reload, posible barrel obstruction. Lastly how long will a piece of steel last before metal fatigue gives way? I have owned German products my entire life and they have always been some of the best. Please note I posted this because of the other listings, and it is disturbing.
    Mike Sharkey, DC

2. shark1

shark1 Member

Correction German Steel on K80 Bohler Luftstall, not Antinite (Italy).
    Mike Sharkey, DC

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

German and Japanese are the current leaders in steel manufacturing.

In my business (power plants) we buy a lot of alloy steel pipe from German mills, and they are top notch. They're currently about the only game in town for high chromium alloy steel pipe. Cameron (US), Mannesmann (Germany), and Sumitomo (Japan) are the big steel mills we buy from.

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I'm sure it happens equally across the board (Browning, Beretta, Peruzzi) it's just Kreighoff making this site. You would think someone would know if they had a barrel obstruction, a bad shell is easy enough to identify and your squad members may notice it better than you.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

German steel is the best steel in the world. Haven't you ever heard of Krupp Steel? The Cannon king.

6. german

german TS Member

krieghoff uses Boehler Laufstahl ,it is a specialty steel produced in Austria and used by most top gun makers in Europe , Germany has Krupp Stahl , now Thuessen Krupp ,used for the big guns like artillery ,
    i have wit nest the k 80 blow up at rural and i was clearly a detonation ,the pay load never entered the barrel , in my opinion a faulty primer , the brass portion of the STS shell was so flattened is was difficult to read the Remington logo stamped in the metal

7. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

I've said it before, and my offer remains .............I'll help keep everyone safe from these products. Send your K80 to me, and I'll assume the risk of using it to break clay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.