1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is cynergy better than xt

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoke-um, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

I like mechanical release triggers was wondering if cynergy triggers are good and is there any problems with this model i have had a xt.

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

smoke-em, You might want to look into the release part on those triggers. I think that I heard that they are a tough job to do, or something like that. Break-em all. Jeff

3. Ron Duvall

Ron Duvall TS Member

I own a Cynergy Classic combo I love the gun but the trigger pull measures very heavy
    Ron D

4. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

IMO..the way the two are weighted-the Citori for trap and the Cynergy for Sporting or Skeet. Both guns have OK triggers but can be greatly improved with a nice trigger job.

5. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Several of us bought Cynergies when they first came out. I bought a 28 for occasional skeet, 5stand and SC. The others bought 12s and 20s for the same games, but the ones with the 12s tried a bit of trap. Some bought two in different gauges.

They worked fine, never missed a beat The triggers were all a bit heavier than many other guns but not really a problem for me, about 5lbs, but both are very consistent and crisp .

Some tried to get trigger work done, but, after examining them, the gunsmith refused to work on the triggers. Another guy, not one of my friends, tried to get a release trigger on his 12, but the gunsmith told him it was a no-go (different gunsmith).

Only two of us still have them. The rest sold or traded theirs fairly quickly.

I love my 28 and another guy liked his so much he bought two more and has a 12, a 20 and a 28. The 12 he has is not a Trap Model, but one of the Sporting ones.

I haven't seen anyone using one of the Trap Models locally, but there are a lot of XTs.

For trap, I'd probably go with the XT and leave the Cynergy for other games or field use.

Bob

6. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

With everything said above the one very important think a guy should look at when comparing the two is the resale value will be much better with the XT.

7. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

For all the people on here complaining about Cynergy triggers, there are loads more who are perfectly satisfied. My trigger pull is crisper than my old Citori, and I have yet to notice the weight of the trigger pull when shooting. There must be something good about it, because I bought it in February as a D class shooter, and am now 1/10 of 1% from A class.
    As for the difficulty in converting to release, I have talked to a gunsmith about it, and he says while it is difficult, it's not impossible.
    As to threedeuces comments on resale, I would like to know on what he bases his opinion? I believe that as the Cynergy proves itself, it will become the gun of choice, much as the Citori took over from the Model 12, and yes, I know that the Model 12 is still out there, but it is not as prevalent on trap ranges as it was in the 50s and 60s.
    Try the gun out, talk to competant gunsmiths about the conversion to release, and do what makes YOU happy.

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I don't have the Cynerey trap but I have the sporting gun. I had it from 2005 and it been a great gun and like it.
    I had a XT and it worked just fine but I though the gun just felt to wide for me. So I would say buy the gun that you like best. Both are good guns.

9. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Citori took over from the Model-12?
    I must have missed that chapter in my trapshooting history book.

10. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Right,,did the BT 99 come before the Model 12 or was it after the Citori???
    Norman

11. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

shooting sailor, you must have been on the boat to long. If you have watched the for sale section on here you quickly would know what I know. The cynergy is bringing less money than the citori's and you will also see that the citori sales much quicker. Now if that doesn't have something to do with resale I don't know what does. There is a new cynergy combo for sale in the adds as we speak the guy cant give away.

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Browning made a huge error when they decided to put heavy trigger pulls on these new shotguns. I understand the liabilities but they went way overboard with super heavy pulls! Once the triggers are adjusted properly, they are a dandy quick acting shotgun!

Hap

13. shooter 50

shooter 50 TS Member

I have a cynergy trap special and it has served me well.
    Jimmy Kennedy, New Mexico

14. shootsome

shootsome Member

I have a Cynergy Classic Trap Combo and the only problem I've had with it is a heavy trigger pull. I had a gunsmith reduce it to 3.5 lbs and it is great now. Very happy with it.

15. philk

philk Member

Triggers on my Cynergy Trap Combo and my Euro Sporting break clean at 4 1/2 to 5 lbs. I`ve seen triggers that heavy or more on some Perrazis and nobody complained about them.

16. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Had one for a few weeks, rib troubles, trigger pull problems, comb hardware and pad are junk.

17. Beni

Beni Member

Love my cynergy trap combo,it just doesent want to shoot a 100!!!!!! LOL beni

18. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

The Cynergy resale is terrible. There was talk in the Browning
    booth at the SHOT Show that the gun might be discontinued.

19. rsikole

rsikole Member

I have owned both a Cynergy trap combo and a Citori XT trap combo within the past 18 months. I liked both guns. Having set the rib for POI on the Cynergy, I was able to set the identical rib on the Citori XT to the same setting with the same results.

I had the Cynergy first. When I went to a release trigger a year ago, I looked long and hard and found nobody who would do a release for the Cynergy at that time. That is why I sold it.

The Citori XT I bought already had a double release trigger. I just sold the Citori XT to a reader on Trapshooter.com. Based on TS.com selling results, I am convinced that the Cynergy depreciated more than the Citori XT did, but I liked both guns equally well.

Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.