1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Connies Components legit?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by superump, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superump

superump TS Member

Hi long time forum member but first time post. I would like to know if anyone has purchased from Connies Components? I have seen their name on the forum chats several times so I went to their site to buy a MEC 9000 automate and it says not in stock. I have sent three e-mails to them asking them when they thought they would be back in stock and if they do rain checks and also a couple other questions about components and for two weeks they have not even returned my emails or responded. They have good prices and I would like to do business with someone you can trust, is legit and is willing to take the time to respond to a new customer. Is there any other component sites with as good or better prices? Thanks in advance for honest opinions. Dale Brown

2. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

Where are you? Glenn Allison

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

I agree. Tried multiple times to do business with them to no avail. Finally gave up.

Tb

4. superump

superump TS Member

Midwest - north western Illinois

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

He's legit, just keep tying.

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Connies is a sideline... they have real "day jobs". Good prices and service.

Not good at answering emails.

7. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

Being that you live in Northwestern Illinois, have you considered calling Recobs? Good people and fair prices.

Jophn S

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Does Crow carry reloaders?

9. superump

superump TS Member

One of the clubs that I shoot at buys supplies at recobs abd yes they have good prices but NOT as good as Connies. I think I will keep trying after reading these posts - thanks for all the comments. DB

10. 33 Willys

33 Willys Member

I tried to order a 9000gn from Connies. Called them and they said that they will get a shipment in about 2 weeks. I ordered one from Gamaliel, no taxes & free shipping. only $15.96 more. Better then waiting 2 weeks.

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I've just always learned to stay away from people and companies that lack the basic skills of prompt communication. If there is an issue with my order, i want it dealt with NOW not when they get time. I second the Gamaliels purchase. They will do whatever it takes to make you happy and that alone is worth a few extra bucks. JM2C---Matt

12. superump

superump TS Member

Wow thanx folks, I just checked the Gamaliels web site and the 9000E w automate is actually $5.00 cheaper than Connies and free shipping also! And with the reviews and comments here, I am comfortable dealing with Gamaliels. thanx again and appriciate - Dale

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Dale---Gamaliels is a family owned business and they take it serious when it means bending over backwards for a customer. Geoff Pare the manager/Part Owner is as nice as they come and always willing to help. I have a local source for my reloading supplies but i always buy some extras from them at their showroom at the Grand. He has had stuff delivered for me to their showroom from their warehouse in KY during the Grand just to save me shipping. They are one of the good guys in my book.---Matt

14. lance howard

lance howard Member

For those of us located in the Pacific Northwest, there is NO better choice than Connies Components. They are very fair priced and I have had no issues with shipping my orders promptly. Good people with a day job that just try to make things work as best they can. Works for me. Lance Howard

15. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i recently bought a 9000e from connies. went well except they do not include extra bars as promised in advertising. they said they would send but then i died waiting. go to gamaliels.

16. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Another who gave up on Connies a long time ago.

17. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I live in the Northwest so Connies is much closer than Gamaliels or Recobs and even though some people on here that I highly respect speak well of Connies, I too have never been able to order due to lack of products and lack of customer service. I buy from Recobs most of the time and Gamaliels on bigger items such as reloaders. Both are top shelf. What I really like about Recobs is this - if the web site says the product is in stock, it is. If it is out of stock it will not let you order. Plus I get my stuff in 2=3 days even though it is over 2000 miles away

18. Claydotter

Claydotter Active Member

Ask yourself this question. If communication is poor when you`re trying to order something,what happens if something goes wrong?? No Thanks.

Regards, Pete

19. BBob

BBob TS Member

I always use Connie's. I will have an item shipped if needed and they have always been very prompt with delivery. I attend major shoots at Evergreen Sportsman's Club and Connie's is present most days of the shoots. They are legit and local, with great prices. I am very satisfied doing business with them. Bill

20. creek

creek Member

Gamaliels is the way to go. I have used both and Gamaliels is better in all respects.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

connies components reviews