1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is attendance at the Grand up or down?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rodbuster, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I was just curious if there were more people or less attending, at this point compared to last year?

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I heard as much as 30% down but that is hard to tell on prelim days. This week will tell the tale. I did notice the interstates seemed to be deserted on the drive down and the lady at the truckstop said business was off.

3. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Thank you 320090t and pulll. I was curious because I was there on Saturday, and it didn't seem like there was as many people there this year as there was last year. I was there on the first Saturday of the event last year as well. When does preliminary week end, yesterday or this coming Saturday? Is there a website that shows the attendance figures? Thank you again, Rodbuster.

4. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Does anybody know yet?

5. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

I looked at the total shooters in the Saturday handicap (it's listed on the punch list that is posted near the scoresheets) and it was 1,681 if my memory is correct. I looked at the program and the same event last year had about 1,800 (again, memory) so it's down somewhat but I don't think it's anywhere near 30 percent.

Scott

6. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Jerry, you may be right about fear of heat after last year, but the weather was about as perfect as it gets for everything except Wednesday. The scores tell you how good it was. 83 degrees or so with almost no wind and mostly bright skies.

Wish I was still down there. Had a terrific time.

7. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Not sure if this is 100% correct, but I did hear that for the first time there were more participants in the SCTP Nationals than there were in the Grand. Can anyone confirm this?
    -Trappy

8. yukon_870

yukon_870 Member

Was there Wednesday, 8/6 thru Saturday, 8/9 and Wednesday thru Friday it was a little slow but seemed to be picking up on Saturday with more cars in the parking lot. Ran into two guys from England in the WallMart on Thursday night buying shells and they planned to shoot everything up until Saturday.

9. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Er, well at least those registered to come? I don't know! That's just what I heard and was looking for confirmation one way or the other...
    -Trappy

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I got to Sparta at 8AM yeasterday to be classfied, and cashier. I thought that the visual number of people in general was UP. According to some of the vendors I talked too they were pleased with the foot traffic.

Ronbo

11. The Loud One

The Loud One TS Member

You would need to add in the 2000 or so SCTP kids from last year if you want a equal comparison.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.