1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is A.T.A HAPPY with T.S..COM. ?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by drunk_again, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drunk_again

drunk_again TS Member

since al gore inveted the internet, the world as we know has changed.

im wondering if since the conception of t.s..com web. site if any High UPS in the ATA , like mebers of the B.O.D. is happy with this site?? i wonder what some of their personal opinions are of t.s..com.

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Seriously is TS.com part of, run by or have an actual connection to the ATA?

I would have thought that if it is part of, run by or have an actual connection to the ATA that it should be a forum set up off there own website where they could moderate and be selective over what is and what is not said about trapshooting and the ATA.

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

You really want to know, DS? Almost to a man (or woman) they consider it irrelevant. Most, as far as I can tell, think it's just a joke. When I even mention it I see eyes rolled to the extent that I'm afraid, as mothers everywhere have warned, they are going to stick there.

I, in contrast, like it by and large. There's all kinds of neat stuff here. A bunch of guff as well, of course, but I keep coming back with renewed hope. But it's got no influence, too much BS here for that.

I can't give up on site that just last week made me think, for the first time, of the effect of gun movement - the fact that when the shot is in the choke, it's moving and that moving continues - and the way it may account for some results that have stumped me for years.

But it's depressing too. How little are people willing to think! How magical is their thinking! How simple their solutions to complicated problems! How small their regard for intellectual honesty! And so on . . .

Neil

4. Neil Winston

lumper, there's _no_ connection between the ATA and TS.com. The ATA has work to do, after all.

Neil

5. Neil Winston

That's exactly what I mean about intellectual honesty, KEYBEAR.

Q.E.D.

Neil

6. spritc

spritc Active Member

It is unfortunate commentary that this site, which David has worked hard to maintain, has become a hot-bed for the malcontent. I certainly cannot blame the ATA for ignoring this site as I would as well if it wasn't for some of the information provided by Neil and a few others. I wonder how many of the malcontent are even members of the ATA. I'd be willing to bet that many just love to stir the pot because they cannot contribute anything worthwhile. As they say ignorance is bliss.

Steve

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

I wonder if the ATA has thought about hosting there own "members only" forum?

Seems like it would be a good idea for there membership to get news and information from the ATA along with the ATA being able to get and know what there members are thinking.

8. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

I am a member of ATA and see TS.com as a big community bill board...an open "bull" session like you might find by walking into any gun club house, bowling alley, or sports bar. However, at TS.com, a lot of the discussion is focused on shotgun sports. But the comments are like you might find in any open forum (bull session)...some good, some bad, some which would better be discussed somewhere else. Unfortunately, some of the worthwhile postings are diminished by the volume and intensity of heavy-handed bullies. So, I would think that ATA has to give TS.com some thought, but the elected officials should carry the day as ATA conducts its business of trying to oversee the trapshooting sport. Regards, Ed

9. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Why would the ATA even consider such a folly...They would have to listen to all the drivel from unnamed discontents that for the most part are probably not even members. We have juveniles or for the most part juvenile minded self centered individuals that feel the world must turn around them and their somtimes warped thoughts. Thank you Steve for your input..More truth there than many will acknowledge. Neil, I also owe you a beer.

Big Jack

10. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Don't forget shooters that a bunch of the people on this site also belong to the PITA as well, or instead. Keep your head down. FD

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

Big Jack ... see that part where I said "MEMBERS ONLY" ... your log in could be your ATA# and a password thus making it a forum for "MEMBERS ONLY" of the ATA thus totally avoiding all those you types you mentioned.

Do you understand now what was meant by "MEMBERS ONLY".

Ya know just to make it a little more "MEMBERS ONLY" they could if they wanted to set it up that the only people that could even get to even see the forum would have to be registered and logged in to avoid those types that you mentioned from even reading what "MEMBERS ONLY" have to say.

12. Tracy Boy

Tracy Boy TS Member

TS.com is forum for all people to express their view on many subjects. For the most part I believe most posts to be positive and relevant. Sure there are those trolls that like to stir the pot a little, that is also their right. I'm not one of them, but I do believe they have a right to their opinion. That is what this country is built on. If I find a subject not to my particular taste, I just don't open it. We are all free to do what ever within reason on this site and that is why we keep coming back. A healthy disagreement is not a bad thing as long as we show respect for one another. I would think that the ATA would be happy about this site, as for the most part, it promotes the sport. Thanks to Neil for having an opinion and continuing to post it here as well, he would not have to.

Don

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

D.S., since I'm ATA, yes, I like this site. For the most part, it's very helpful to a lot of old as well as new shooters! Like any club house where opinions vary immensely on many subjects just walk away if it's not to your liking. Helping another shooter is what it's all about, not the bickering that some spew forth all the time. If just a few shooters garner some helpful information, the BS can be overlooked or passed by in my opinion. So far, I haven't seen one poster on here in my years here that has all the right answers to everything. I don't expect such anytime soon either even though we do have some great posters dedicated to helping the sport. Other than shooting, it's the best we have. Hap

14. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

The ATA has enough to worry about let alone condone this stuff that goes on here. Besides that would require another hired hand.

This is a trapshooting site (for the Most part).

Rock

Jim

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I persieve TS.Com as the Trapshooting News and Classifieds about any and all subjects and is not only for ATA shooters, but more for shooters as well as people in General ... I didn't see anywhere in the rules of conduct that its mandated that anyone who responds or replys to a thread has to be a ATA, PITA, SASS, NAACP, AFLCIO, PBA, USBC, NSSA, or NSCA member ... This is just my observation, maybe I missed something ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. smartass

smartass TS Member

I'm the ATA and I like this entertaining forum a lot- thank you very much.

17. lumper

lumper TS Member

Your welcome Mr ATA ... since you are the ATA sir care to answer as to exactly why you did some of things you have done and why your not going to do some of the things you should do?

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Get a life.

Why would the ATA waste time poking their nose in here, unless there was more than the usual amount of slander and denigration going on.

For the most part, to answer the question, They really have better things to do. If you are talking about the organization upper echelon.

HM

19. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

It's interesting that contrary to popular TS.com opinions, direct conversations with ATA office personnel always gives courteous, reflective, and thankful opinions (IMHO). Something we should all try more often.

jim

20. RBur

RBur TS Member

Neil, the BOD and EC make roll their eyes back and consider TS.Com irrelevant but they all have it on their list of favorite web sites. So I would consider that a good-thing.

Ron Burdick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.