1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is a Guy Who Cries a Weenie?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Onceabum, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

If so, then I may be one. I find that as I get older things move me more than when I was young. People in hurting situations that seem to have no solutions. Innocent kids who(unknowingly) make mistakes that will follow them through life. Jesus going through terrible pain and humiliation to save us all. Certain songs and movies. These and other things often cause the tear glands to kick in. Am I alone in this?

I suppose this is an inappropriate thread but when I teared up the other day at the grand opening of a pack of cigarettes, I thought maybe I would share it with the all-around experts.

Shoot well. . . And don’t cry when you miss.

BB

2. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

Certain songs,little kids, and old dogs. Our National Anthem really

works on me

park

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Hey.. I'm in that group.. I was afraid it was just me.. My heart doctor said.. as we age.. we get in touch with our "inner" being.. Well.. I'm still a cry baby.. Glad to see I'm not alone..

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Unless it's for and old dog.........I always cry at the demise of my old dogs.

5. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

What gets me, when i think of all the orphans in countries where Innocent kids are treated worse than animals and they have no way out, and all the kids that are aborted, that works on me too. Joe

6. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

You all are not alone ,,I have a hard time with some movies ,,,Field of Dreams,,,and when I lose an old friend ,,,,Mx8Dave

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Hmmmmm.....I can only wonder "Is a Guy Who Trolls a Weenie?"

Very interesting paradox there Booger. Very interesting.

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

"Old Dogs and Children, and Water Mellon Wine"

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NNIpgfBJp-s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ss

9. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

You have a heart. Some in this world do not.

10. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

The one that really tears me up is when they play taps at the military funerals. Having been to several and some were friends, It never gets any better.

Jim

11. Loyac

Loyac Member

Extreme emotions of joy and sorrow can only be expressed with tears... john

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

When I was working search and rescue on the Fire Dept, I cannot tell you the number of times I had tears in my eyes after making a rescue ... Sometimes they were tears of joy, others were tears of sadness depending on the outcome of our efforts ... Have a kid or anyone for that matter die in your arms sometime after you rescued him or her from a burning building and see if you can hold back a tear or two when you think about it later ... We were trained to not show emotions when we were doing what we had to do but before we were trained we were humans first and there are things that make every human shed a tear ... I thanked God for the rescues we made that were a success and for keeping us safe on the other ones ... Tears, you bet and more than you would care to count ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

NO...and proud of it...

14. JH

JH Well-Known Member

As we age, testosterone levels drop, we have experienced more "losses" and we have become more aware of life/death. In a way, crying signifies "awareness"....

People who don't cry, are typically oblivious to the world around them....

15. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Only if he is Speaker of the House. What a HUGE weenie. Just can't take one of the country's leaders crying at the drop of a hat. Wouldn't have worked for me when I was a platoon sergeant in Nam.

16. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

Definitely 101 and WPT, I walked through Arlington National Cemetery, I've been to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers, The Wall and Civil War grave sites. More tears than I can remember.

17. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Real men are not afraid to cry.

I do it everytime I peel an onion.

Hauxfan!

18. shadow

shadow Active Member

I must be a "weenie". It doesnt take nearly as much to make me cry now that I have reached senior vet status.

19. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

How about BIGDON?! As for me, every single time I watch Patriot(Mel Gibson) I get a lot of dirt in my eyes when the youngest daughter finally talks to and hugs her Dad! Tom Rhoads

20. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

It is tough for me once the bag pipes start at officer funerals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.