1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IS 94.06 AVERAGE IN 16'S B CLASS SHOOTING

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i was wondering if a 94.06 avg is considered a B class shooter? the reason i asked is a non-resident shooter won the D class in west virgina that has 91.06 avg in 2006 and a 94.06 avg in 2007. Both years 1500 targets plus. His scores was 23,24,23,24,--23,25,25,24, total 191. he won open class D behind a resident 180 score in D class.

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Depends on the shoot and how many classes they have.

ec90t

3. smsnyder

THERE WAS AA A B C D CLASS

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I think that a 94.06 average is B class, but I'm not sure. It has been a while since I cared to know about averages. I do remember the Classes changed with AA and AAA being used.

ec90t

5. smsnyder

ec90t, based on that if another non-resident had a 178 in D class. who should be the winner in open class?

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Earl,

If a shooters average is 94.06% and he is shooting in "D" class, the classifiers would have some explaining to do. There is no way that a shooter who's average is 94% or better should be shooting anything less than B class!

ec90t

7. acre44

acre44 Member

Based on the ATA five class system, AA 97% and over, A - 94% and under 97%, B - 91% and under 94%, C - 88% and under 91%, and D Under - 88%. There is no possible way this guy should have been shooting D class even if all his events this year were under 88's. Based on that 94.06% in 2007 he should have been in B class.

The answer lies in the "known ability" that the classification people use. The guy more than likely is "KNOWN" by his buddy that classifies shooters and he put the guy in a lesser class. Same thing happens every year at the PA State Shoot. Some people get placed in a lower class then where they belong thanks to the buddy that sits in the classification booth. No wonder the ATA and local clubs are having trouble attracting young people to the sport. They may come in for awhile but all it takes is garbage like this to happen to them one time and it leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. No wonder so many drop out in a short period of time. You go out and shoot the best that you ever did BUT the classifiers can take it away in a milli-second. Peronally, I think that you remain in a class until you win once in that class then you move up. Even if you are shooting a 94% average as a D class shooter, if you have NEVER won a trophy in D class then you remain in D until you do.

Todd

8. smsnyder

believe me it happened. i check out all the averages on the ata web site. that why all state shoots should have computers hooked up to ata web site.

9. jrb100

jrb100 Member

94.06 in mass. is A class at all the ata shoots I've been too.

joe

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Earl,

If it's worth it to the second place shooter, I'd file a formal protest to the powers that be. Something is wrong with the senario that has been stated as taking place. Just be sure that when the averages are looked up, they're not seeing a jr,sr or different middle initials.

ec90t

11. acre44

acre44 Member

smsnyder you probably should let someone know about this. the classifier had to see that 94%+ from last target year on his computer. That right there supercedes anything he had wrote on his card. If his card showed an 80% over 500 targets he still would have been in C, but NO WAY D CLASS! I would be filing an appeal on this one plus contact the ATA.

12. PaShooter

PaShooter Member

That 94.06 that you saw on the ATA website may not have been up to date. Just checking my scores for the 2007 target year, I see at least 1000 targets which have yet to be posted. His actual average may have been lower than the min of 94% required for A class. I believe they were linked to real time data with the ATA in regards to classification.

Paul H
    Imperial, PA

13. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

94.06 should be in A class for singles where AA, A, B, C, D are the classes.

14. k newman

k newman TS Member

My boy is 94.7 -- "A" class as registered at the WV state shoot. WV is not real time with the ATA -- so, it was up to what was on the card. Stranger things have happened, particularly in the hills, but that seems like a big dump from A to D in the same target year.

15. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok in a 6 class system here are the breaks of the classes but I know it is not much difference from the 5 class system

Fog

16. acre44

acre44 Member

Even if the 2007 was not up to date in the computer and it was on the card makes no difference. Based on the 91.06 for 2006 which WAS in the computer and printed on his card he should have been shooting MINIMUM B Class. I don't see any way that this guy ended up in D class. Based on his 2006 score that puts him in B, his 2007 score puts him even higher. I don't care if the last 1,000 targets he shot were less than 88%. Based on "known ability" which is in the rule book, he had an average of 91.06% which is NOT D CLASS! The classifiers love to throw that "known ability" in your face to move you up a class, not down.

Todd.

17. smsnyder

classification errors cannot happen. it effects the sport big time.

18. smsnyder

i did talk to fred and he said they made the correction. the shooter was misclassified.

19. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

That's suprising they stuck him in D class. That is an A class average.

When I was at WV, last year they looked at your card and if they had no prior record of you shooting there, you went into the class that matched your average. Do well there though, you automatically go up a class the following year, no matter what your average is.

Michael

20. phirel

phirel TS Member

It seems that the shooter was misclassified by the classification committee. Mistakes happen. The shoot management did make a correction. They did their job. Also, it is the shooters responsibility to make certain that they are classified correctly.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

amateur trap shooting class averages

class averages for trap shooting

shooting class from shooting averages

trap shooting averages and class