1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

is 5.00 a gallon to much

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

im sure by the middle of next week we will see this price.. at what price will be to much?? 5.50?? 6.00?? 6.50?? 7:00 a gallon??

billl

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

yes houston texas has one of the largest refinerys in the usa.

bill

3. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I'm sure the current congress will get that price down soon. Thats what they promised a few years ago. Are they on vacation again?

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Notice how quiet the politicians are who wanted to tax gas to %5 a gallon. At $4 a gallon the economy faltered, just as predicted.

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Well, when you only have major refineries and a majority of coastal rigs in ONE area and it gets hit by __________ then you pay the price. If you don't diversify, your portfolio suffers. But what do the tree huggers and congress care....they are saving the world. Just ask pelosi. Wonder what they will do when because of this price increase, more people can't make their mortgages??

6. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

As far as I'm concerned $2 a gal is too much. Used to be a family could do the things they wanted to and never worry about gas. Now we have really plan hard just when to go to the store. Gas prices have ruined us because it puts a big damper on our freedom to do the things we so easily did before. Of course this does NOT effect the rich. Only us average people.

7. bigdogtx

define rich. according to the dems I am rich and it IS affecting me!!! it affects us all, one way or another

8. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

You're rich if the price of gas does not affect you life in any way. Anyway that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

I thought that the price of gasoline was the same for everyone and not tied to any income level. If my income were such that it prevented me from doing things I wanted to do, I would make the necessary changes to increase my income level.

Pat Ireland

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Why don't you worry about things that you have control over and change the things you can.

Don

11. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Big Don is right. It's like the two fleas arguing who owns the dog they're riding on.

Eric

12. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

mixer, that was funny.

Actually, the solution is simple- Congress should pass a law banning hurricanes. Problem solved.

13. 5spd

5spd TS Member

Any price over $1.99 is WAY to high!!

14. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

Congress should also pass a law capping gas prices at $1.99 to make 5spd and others of his ilk happy. Problem solved. Damn, I should be a politician.

15. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I'm surprised at your answer Pat. Not everyone is able to increase their income. Especially some of us retired people. I'm sure glad that you don't have that problem......YET.

16. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

Hoggy, even retired people can have jobs. I, along with many other, do. Pat made perfect sense to me.

17. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Venezuela --They pay $0.15 /gallon--Fifteen cents. If Juan Valdez' donkey stubs it's toe then coffee prices will rise!!If it rains in the Gulf,gas will increase--What a scam.Conserve and the prices will drop.Simple!!!

18. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Looks like a pretty bad storm. Hopefully it'll blow through quickly and be gone without too much damage.

The predictions I've seen are that oil will drop $80 a barrel, and the dollar is growing stronger every day. Gas is as low as $3.28 around here, and the heating oil spot price is at $2.87. Goes down every day. If I prepaid for my oil last month, I would have paid $4.55 a gallon.

I remember in the 70's when gas was .55 cents. With the cost of my car and insurance, I could hardly afford to drive to date a girl in the next township, though I was only making $1.65 an hour.

19. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Gas in along the FL/AL border have jumped almost 40 cents OVERNIGHT and predicted to soar. A local news cast said the wholesale price for gas had jumped more than 1.50 in the last 48 hrs. The last station I went to was restricing purchase to $30.00 worth.That won't get you very far in a Ford F-150 with a big V-8! I was another station and you were only SUPPOSED to get 30 bucks worth there, but I used my CC and when it didn't shut off at 30, I just kept pumping. We are gonna take it in the shorts again! Yes the price of "OIL" has been drooping, but that won't keep them from RAISING gas prices! They will keep the refineres shut down for several days and that will be used as the"REASON" for the big rise in gas prices which WILL occur. Hold onto your wallets and BOHIC!

20. bigdogtx

687EELL,

You said, "Pat Ireland,

BOLD statement, but what exactly in your life could you immediately change to increase your income that would make any difference? Yes, the cost of gas is the same for everyone, but not everyone that needs gas to keep a job has the same income....sorta like the stories you hear about people on fixed incomes, choosing whether to eat dog food or steak, or do they pay the rent, gas & electric, or get their prescriptions filled. Some choices are quite hard to deal with.............Rick Johnson"

Get "another" job. If you can't pay the bills, reduce them. If you can't that was pretty poor planning. Your second job may be at McDonalds or Wal-Mart, but what is wrong with that. I have had 3 jobs at one time while going to college. Wife worked, college and the kids. Why does the government have to "fix" something? They are usually the problem as they are in this case. If we had been drilling and refining in other areas it wouldn't jump as much. But, when 25% of your refining is done in the area being hit by the storm, we suffer because of them.

Most of the stories, not all, about the dog food or steak, are just that stories. (Probably should be eating hamburger instead of steak)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.