1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IRS official to take the 5th.....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by likes-to-shoot, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Imagine that. Surprised it hasn't happened before this and I'm sure there is more to come.

Thievin SOB's!!!!!

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

trying to cover her *** so hussein can't throw her under the bus.....

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Now that is wrong- I have always thought it is wrong that Govt officials take the the 5th although the right does apply to them as well as anyone else

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Taking the Fifth, says volumes.

5. bigdogtx

Isn't the 5th Amendment used to protect you from self incrimination???? Wonder what she is afraid of incriminating herself on????????

6. likes-to-shoot

The 5th should be waived for anyone (no exceptions) who is called to testify before a congressional hearing. Anyone (no exceptions) refusing should be sentenced to a mandatory jail term until they testify.

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The committee should ask her question after question after question, politely and sincerely, and force her to take the 5th for every question asked. It will be interesting to see if the republicans blow yet another opportunity.

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I agree there should be no 5th taken before congress

9. James344

James344 Active Member

I haven't been following too close, but I need to ask. Is this a criminal case or Grand Jury indictment case? The 5th Amendment applies to criminal cases and Grand Jury indictments.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous
    crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand
    Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor
    shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in
    jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case
    to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or
    property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be
    taken for public use, without just compensation.

Am I to understand that if this is not a criminal case or a Grand Jury indictment, she cannot take the 5th?

10. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I agree- no 5th. in the Congress. This whole deal is a 'cover your ass' situation. The only reason I can think of, is that the White House Counsel didn't tell Hussein about it, because of the upcoming election last Nov. All his talk about being a 'transparent administration' is a bunch of smoke. It is sad that his regime has taken this great country so low.

11. drgondog

drgondog Member

They will gather more information and surround her with tripwires. Then they will bring her in, grant her immunity and compel her to tell all.

She can't refuse and she can't lie for fear she will be ensnared by another deposition from someone else - and go to jail for perjury.. this is Just the beginning.

12. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Try to take the 5th during an audit! see where that gets you.

13. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The 5th does not work in this case as she gave an opening statement....

14. SKB-Eric

SKB-Eric Member

She made a statement of innocents before taking questions - you either have to keep your mouth completely shut giving only your name or you have to answer all questions truthfully. By making those opening statements, she lost the right to take the 5th.

This is just starting folks .............. :)

15. likes-to-shoot

The news showed her claiming the 5th at the hearing so apparently she can.....

Check the website above...the 6th and 7th paragraphs...

16. Nebs

Nebs Well-Known Member

She does have a legitimate fear of incrimination as the Justice Department has a criminal investigation going. But here opening statement may have damaged her ability to claim the fifth, at least that what the chairman of the committee appears to think:

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa will call on IRS official Lois Lerner to appear before his committee again. The California Republican told POLITICO that Lerner waived her Fifth Amendment right to avoid self-incrimination by giving an opening statement at a hearing today probing the IRS scandal.

"When I asked her her questions from the very beginning, I did so so she could assert her rights prior to any statement," he said. "She chose not to do so - so she waived."

Lerner triggered the IRS scandal on May 10 when she acknowledged that the agency wrongly targeted conservative groups applying for a tax exemption. Her lawyer told the House committee earlier this week that she would invoke the Fifth Amendment.

17. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Apointed by Bush.

-Trappy

18. CharlieAMA

This is where the Executive Priveledge comes into play, and the Executive Pardon comes into play. And the soap opera goes on. Yes, I know I mispelled that word, but I don't have a dictionary handy.

19. CharlieAMA

Rick- Exactly- She won't testify, but she has to show up anyway. LOL. Don't blame Bush. She works for Hussein now. She is part of the jihad. It is all a cover up for the Nov. 2012 elections.

20. bigdogtx

Trappy,,,,,,,even hussein knows the blame game doesn't work anymore,,,,,,,LOL.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.