1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Irritating shooter

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ithaca4e, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ithaca4e

ithaca4e TS Member

I was shooting at the local trap range this weekend The air was still and the idiot next to me was shooting blackpowder. There was virtually no wind, so the smelly smoke just stayed in front of me for 60 seconds or so. Everyone was telling me to hurry up, but I could barley see the traphouse. What are the rules concerning the use of blackpowder?

2. The Kolar Kid

The Kolar Kid TS Member

I would just walk off the trap and let the guy have his fun. Go back when he leaves I guess...

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Aint got a dang clue what the rules at your club is for the use of black powder.

Since you make it sound like it was not a registered event but just weekend fun/practice it really does not matter what any rules are other than the rules of your club.

4. textrap

textrap TS Member

The ATA rules say under SECTION XIII, paragraph F.: "A contestant cannot use: 4. Any shell loaded with black powder." (page 57 of my book but it is kind of old).
    Billy

5. ithaca4e

ithaca4e TS Member

Does that include "black powder substitutes? This idiot was shooting something he called "pioneer powder" or something similar. I know it sure stunk up my clothing and burned my eyes!

6. larryjk

larryjk Member

Black powder, and any substitutes are all considered to be black powder. The club should not have allowed anyone to go on a regular squad without asking the other squad members if they were agreeable.

7. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

See, this gets us right back to the whole " common sense" thing.

Shouldn't the jerk have just known better?

If I wanted to shoot a round with black powder, I would ask people at the club that are into that sort of thing, if they would like to join me.

Not just sign up on a squad and say, " Hold my beer and watch this".

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

We have one of those idiots here in Idaho who does the same thing

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Stopped by taco bell one afternoon, got the same complaints from my squadmates later that evening.... stink and burning eyes.... hehehe

10. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I had one better, I had a stray tom cat pee all over a drum of empties. I put them in the sun to dry. I loaded them and wished I hadn't. There was no smoke but the odor was so bad my squad mates were sure they would puke. After the 1st trap I ran to the club house and finished with new shells.

11. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I use to load Winchester papers until it looked like confetti coming out of them!

FRedmon

Don't shoot with the guy!

12. SmellySmoke

SmellySmoke TS Member

That's what's wrong with people now days. I'm the black powder shooter who was at my local casual trap range. After clearing with the range master, and all the locals who thought it would be fun, I fired up the old 10 guage damascus hammer Parker. Only one man, a wormy kind of puke, kept waving his hands after I shot, and tossed a dirty look my way. This little coward could have grown some balls and asked me face to face to stop. I'd have put down my beer, which I hold myself, and switched pockets and used modern powder which I also had. I love shooting the oldies like they were meant to shoot, and if this litte twerp had lived back then, the back biter would have had a short life. Don't post it on the web, face me and politely say it bothers you!

13. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

SmellySmoke, trapshooting is supposed to be a gentlemans game. Not a game to see how many people ya can piss off. Black powder has no place on the trap field. Go shoot Cowboy Action if ya wanna use that stinky stuff.

14. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Ah, the smell of sweet insoluble sulphur. No mosquitoes, I'd bet, or girls.

SmellySmoke (Paul): You call the guy, let's see, "wormy", "puke", "little coward", "grown some balls", etc. Such a wholesome and accommodating person you are. He waived his arms. I'd think that would be a sign of a problem.

Maybe you should have just had another couple of beers.

He probably did not want to confront such a straight-up gentleman such as yourself. You'd been ushered to the highway at my club by about 5 strong arms.

Oh, forgot to mention, that we don't name call others here on this site. This is your only warning.

15. ec90t

ec90t Guest

We had a game shooter that studied everyones empties, more game shooters, and made up a few to slip into satchels. Needless to say we all had a good time with it and didn't get to uptite about the smoke. My only complaint was he slipped one into my shell bag and I fired it though a 390 that I had. That gun belched smoke out of every orafice it had. I broke the target from the 27yd line but had to be told about it as I never got to see it. LOL.

ec90t

16. SmellySmoke

SmellySmoke TS Member

I guess we have a different breed up here in our country. I think 5 guys would have carried the complainer out, then we would have all had another beer. Sometimes we just shoot the cans when we run out of clay birds. I think this drop in was just from the S.F. bay area and wasn't used to being near anything that smelled different than his own perfume. Remember, I did ask permission from the regulars, who were thrilled to see the old smokepole in action.

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

John Thompson,

Cat pee on hot shells...that's a classic.

18. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

The woose complainer probably also objects to young shooters shooting 1100s w/o shell catchers. They don't show him the respect he wants.

I think we sometimes take ourselves too seriously. Particularly O.F. trap shooters who have lost the fun of shooting. And do it out of lack of anything else to do.

19. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Smelly, I am from the S.F. Bay Area. What are you saying? Is there something wrong with that? I think you got the warning about name calling and although I can't read your mind, it does sound suspicious. There are quite a few of us around here that might be offended if one were to intentionally insult us all. I know it wsn't my club as we do not allow black powder. I can guarantee if you come to my club while I am trap captain and say what you have been writing you will be told to leave.
    On the other hand, if you want to come and shoot and be civil, you will be more than welcome.

Mike

20. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

I think SmellySmoke was just having some fun with us- he seems to have a better sense of humor than some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.