1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Irritating purchase at Walmart..Argh!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by omgb, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Went into the local Walmart (store number 5162 in Valencia) to buy my 2011 hunting license. In CA we can buy them on line if you have first bought them on line or, have taken Hunter Ed in the last 5 years. If you are like me, and took HE back in 68 you have to either retake the test and re certify or you have to buy your license in person so that you get put in the system. (never mind that I teach HE and have for many years, I still had to take the test and get a new HE card)

OK, so I go to Wallymart...no one in the sporting goods area. I wait, call, and finally get me a clerk from way over in cell phones and TVs. So, he goes to get the system up and ......he can't. 15 minutes, two pages over the store PA and finally a store-wide sweep and we get an area manager. She can't find the current pass word. More searching, more time goes by, more phone calls and finally, poof, the hidden number appears. We fill out the info but the system won't take it...more head scratching then I peak at the screen and bingo! I spot the problem. They were using my HE instructor number not the HE cert number...
    crap. We start over. I explain many times that I want upland game...not ducks. Finally, they print out the license, I pay my money and as I'm checking over the license I can find no harvest survey stamp or cert. That is a citable offense. I tell them so. They say no way, they have no HIP validation stamps or forms so none are required. I know this is false but can get no satisfaction out of them. This has eaten up an hour already so I leave. When I get home I go to the DFG web site and download the cert myself.

So here's my quewtion...how may guys have they sent into the field without the HIP cert? There will be some pissed hunters when they are cited. What a bunch of idiots. If there had been any other option I would have taken it instead.

2. capvan

capvan Active Member

Easy, don't go to WalMart. There must be someplace within a 50 mile radius to buy a license. WalMart hasn't been there forever...

cap

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Mao-Mart - Providing jobs for the incompetent since 1962.

4. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

They must have transferred some of our Indiana Wal-mart employees to your state !!!

5. bebloomster

bebloomster TS Member

Sounds like a typical Wally World experience to me. I shop there only when there is no other choice.... not very often.

6. APrice

APrice Active Member

Hard to feel sorry for a Wal-Mart shopper.

7. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

When you pay at wall mart you are selling you country to China.

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I personally think they should stop carrying the cheapest and best assortment of shotguns shells and other shooting supplies so we wouldn't have to go there and be annoyed by a clerk who doesn't happen to know about hunting licenses.

9. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

There was no other place within 50 miles of me on a Sunday or I would have gone elsewhere. I hadn't planned on buying a liscense until later in the week but then I got invied to a dove hunt tomorrow.... It just frosts me that an agent of the sate can't get it right. i wonder who trains them.

10. 391 SL

391 SL Member

Why does anyone expect service from Walmart? Quality, low price & service are rarely, if ever delivered at the same time.

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I bought my license at WalMart in May, here in Illinois and a couple weeks ago as dove season was nearing, I actually checked the license and found no HIP certification... entirely my fault for not taking the time to look... had to return to the issuing WalMart, but they got it backed out and added in...

As far as selling out our country, I just make it a point to buy US made product at WalMart. However, lots of US workers trying to survive on mediocre pay... can't see to bite off my nose to spite my face and hurt fellow Americans.

Yes, it work be nice to believe that WalMart would once again support US textile firms and other manufacturing, but that boat left the dock some time ago. I pick and choose when I shop there.

regards,

Jay,

12. quartering

quartering Active Member

look around. the people you're shopping with are pretty much he ones who applied for a job there and didn't qualify. good luck with it

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"When you pay at wall mart you are selling you country to China"

There you go, what ever you do don't ever buy those Chinese hunting licenses at Walmart. They hurt the economy.

What a sad bunch of crybabies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

14. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I have no money in Walmart stock but to justify buying there , they have the same products as every other store in the area at a much cheaper price . I don`t buy Chinese or other foreign products if I don`t have too . I find the workers there very helpfull . I also like the photo shots of the Walmart shoppers going around on the internet and once saw someone wearing the same Sponge Bob night pants I wear at home when the grandkids are staying over .

15. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I had a very long wait at the Lancaster Ohio Walmart trying to get a fishing license, no employees in Sporting goods and 6-9 pages later someone shows up and the printer did not have any fishing license forms, finally they found some and this took about 30-45 minutes.

I now need a hunting license for the Dove season.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

16. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Others may cry and moan if they choose but I'm very proud to live in a country where a man of modest means could, through hard work and dedication, create a multi-billions dollar company from nothing and make himself a billionaire in the process.

Wal-Mart is probably the greatest American success story ever and all the jealous whining in the world won't change that. Would the world be a better place if Sam Walton had done nothing but bitch, whine and complain like most people? I don't think so.

17. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Walmart is a great venue to visit when one is suffering from "self-esteem issues". A mere 20 minutes watching the folks entering and exiting is all one needs to realize that "life is truly good".

Curt

18. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart is okay if you are after an item that is on the shelf and you can pick it up and carry it to the check out. Anything else that involves getting assistance from a walmart associate - forget it. The absolute worst is trying to purchase a firearm from them .....

I think alot of us miss the days when getting a hunting license was a simple matter of walking into a mom&pop gas station and plunking down $20 and five minutes later you were on your way with a valid licinse and a sixer of ice cold beverages ..

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If WalMart don't have it you probably won't need it ... Thanks for your Support ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Hillary Clinton is on the Wal-Mart board of directors.

Incompetence apparently flows downhill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.