1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IRONMAN DOUBLES THIS WEEKEND

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chugiakshooter, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Ironmand doubles this Sunday at Birchwood Recreation and Shooting Park will be 500 pair and 300 on Saturday of singles and handicapped. Lets shoot and have fun this weekend.

Ben Olsen
    President of the ATA in ALASKA

2. otnot

otnot Active Member

Hey Ben, do I have to call you sir now that your the president? LOL See you tomorrow.

3. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

I'm not SCARED!! Are you going to shoot OTNOT?

4. otnot

otnot Active Member

I'm going to try and see if I can remember how to pull a trigger. We need to put the hurtin on old Yukon before his hat size gets too big.

5. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Do any other ATA Associations do this?

6. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

I see where Jared was heading "outside", but he seems to have taken a right instead of going straight out of the state and the last I saw he was in Anchorage. Hmmmmmmm, you don't suppose????????????????

7. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Do what? 1,000 Doubles?

Sure. Spring Creek (Elko, NV) has a 1,000 Doubles Marathon every May and Spanish Fork (UT) has theirs in July.

Both also throw 300 handicap targets.

8. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

We have a handicapped marathon where we throw 300 birds,and a singles marathon to throw 500 birds also.

9. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Does everybody shoot all 1800?

10. otnot

otnot Active Member

I hope Jared shows up this weekend. I would move south from Fairbanks also. Too damned cold up there for me.

11. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

No Jarred,but Yukon sure put a spanking to everyone on Saturday.

12. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Thank god this is over 1000 rounds in a day is just a little much.

13. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

It will make you sore.

But breaking 935 is like taking extra stregnth tylenol.

Yukonjack musta been scared to show up and shoot....didn't want OTNOT and I to pound on him. Even Farner stayed home. Yukon kicked our butt truly on Saturday - both events - but what do you say about a guy who stays home rather than show up to back it up with another good score???

V10...we had about 20 guys (and gals) shoot the whole 1,300 this weekend. We can have upwards of 30 for the singles marathon in April, about 20 for the doubles marathon (500 targets) in may and about the same for the 300 caps in June. We used to do 500 caps, but it takes too long, since you have to punch and resquad (as needed) between 100s.

In august we do this 500 pair shoot...this month we gave flasks and bottles of single malt scotch. Goooooooooodddd trophies.

14. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

'tis true, he did alledgedly go fishing. I do know he was with a pretty lady. I'll grant that. Fishing....? well, I guess he musta been.

Seems like just last week I ran 50 from the 26 right on top of you...just one post away. How soon we forget....surely you remember. You even complimented me on it. Go figure. LMAO. You can't even really say I'm short yardage any more.

Andy shot all 1000, though. Had his troubles with post 3, but he stuck it out.

Gotta rib you, you know that.

15. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.