1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Iron Sight vs Fiber Optic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ismah, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ismah

ismah Member

I'm thinking of changing the solid bead on my BT99 to a fiber optic style tube. I'd appreciate some input pro or con. BB

2. Avatar

You're just going to have to try it and see. You can leave your present bead in place, and get one of those HiViz optic sights that snaps onto the rib with magnets, and push that up to the present bead. That way, you can test it out and easily change back if it doesn't work for you.

I find that I like fiber optic sights.

3. mich746

mich746 Member

I just put a uni-dot adhesive type on my BT-99. The uni-dot is in a tube so you can only see the fiber with your trigger eye. I think the adhesive type is cleaner than the rib snap on, no need to remove the bead. It was recommended to me to get the 2mm but if I had to do it again I would get the 3mm. The 2mm is very small.
    Get the one with interchangeable red/green so you can check out both. Red is better with rose glasses.
    For $25 is no big loss if you don't like it. I'm told to use fishing string to remove.

4. ismah

ismah Member

AVATAR - MICH746; Good input both, Thanks. I'm changing sights today and giving it a try. Thanks again. BB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.