1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Irene can bite my rear end!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by NJCOP, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

Its 12:37AM Sunday Morning, I'm on a 15 minute break. We've been patrolling in this storm and we've had some really heavy sheets of rain and the storm hasn't hit us yet. This is my 30th year of this crap and its getting old. So far we've seen 6 transformers blow and three trees come down. Its going to be a reeeeeeeal long night and one hairy day. If your home in bed God Bless and stay safe. Searching for a couple of toothpicks to keep the eyelids propped open.

2. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

I was doing that when you were still in school. 7 hrs. and 58 minutes of boredum and then all he77 breaks loose and your 8 turns into 12 or more.

Good luck.

Vern

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Retire, then you can shoot all day and reload all night. HMB

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Yep that is part of the Job you signed up for even though you wasn't really expexting it I have had many a long hours even in the Satellite TV Biz in the past!

You don't know how upset a person can get when their tv goes out when a Pay Per View event is getting ready to come on it is worse than a medical emerengency or at least they think so as I said it is part of the job and if you are not getting paid enough then ask for a raise or retire I have a real job now days I know when im going home every day unless I volunteer for over time .

5. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

Oh I know I signed on for this. I'm just saying that after thirty years of this type crud it does get old.

Retiring sounds nice but I do have a job that I appreciate and I don't have the funds to retire just yet so its time to go out and greet Irene's eye. Besides high tide is coming in and I really want to see what that's going to bring.

If my next post is bubbles you know things didn't go quite right. LOL

6. Fritzboy

Fritzboy TS Member

Such hostility

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

NJCOP

How is it going hope Irene isn't getting to wild I know what you mean that things gets old after years of the sasme thing that is why I choose to get a real job with benefits because working for your self and plus the type of work I was in wasn't going to last a lifetime of course i made a lot more money than I do now but at least im somewhere where I can work until I can retire.

Maybe things won't get to bad in your area.

Foggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.