1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Iraq reminder lest we forget

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by schutzemgud, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I hate to say it but I forget "Iraq" in my day to day doings and the media news is always the way it is so I don't hear it. I wish we had a really good PR company handling the news for Iraq. This is neat so I thought I would share it with you.

This was sent by a Chaplain at the VA in Battle Creek, Michigan. He is also an Army Veteran.
    These are our true heroes! Enjoy.

From a Chaplain in Iraq...

"I recently attended a showing of "Superman 3" here at LSA Anaconda. We have a large auditorium we use for movies as well as memorial services and other large gatherings. As is the custom back in the States, we stood and snapped to attention when the National Anthem began before the main feature. All was going as planned until about three-quarters of the way through the National Anthem the music stopped.
    Now, what would happen if this occurred with 1,000 18-22 year-olds back in the States? I imagine there would be hoots, catcalls, laughter, a few rude comments, and everyone would sit down and call for a movie. Of course, that is, if they had stood for the National Anthem in the first place.
    Here, the 1,000 soldiers continued to stand at attention, eyes fixed forward. The music started again. The soldiers continued to quietly stand at attention. And again, at the same point, the music stopped. What would you expect to happen? Even here I would imagine laughter as everyone sat down and expected the movie to start.
    Here, you could have heard a pin drop. Every soldier stood at attention. Suddenly there was a lone voice, then a dozen, and quickly the room was filled with the voices of a thousand soldiers
    'And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night that our flag was still there. O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave, o'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?'
    It was the most inspiring moment I have had here in Iraq. I wanted you to know what kind of Soldiers are serving you here.

Written by Chaplain Jim Higgins on 5/14/07. LSA Anaconda is at the Balad Airport in Iraq, north of Baghdad"

A. Keith Ethridge M.Div., BCC, ACPE CPE Supervisor
    Acting Director
    National Chaplain Center (301/111C)
    Hampton, Virginia 23667
    Phone: 757-728-3180
    Fax: 757-728-3179
  2. grammie

grammie TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Now that explains "why" politicions keep getting elected to do even more damage to the same constitution they swear to defend!!!!

The voters quite simply "forget"!!!!

The politicions know well the attention span of the american people is about as long as that of a 6 week old puppy!!!!

Would you mind tellimg me???? How do you forget several thousand dead americans killed in a trumped up war for profit????

If the american people paid as much attention to the "build-up" to war,,,as to the "actual war",,,then that also explains how the American People were so stupid as to be led into a war that cannot be won,,,by a jackass of a president!!!!!!!!!!

I think the "media" has done a fine job of spreading outright lies,,,mis-information,,dis-information,,concerning Iraq so far!!!!! I shudder to think of the horseshit we would be wallowing in if we had a "really good" P.R. company handling the news!!!!

Hell,,,Al-jasera is getting to be as respected as Rueters!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Mission Accomplished",,,,,"Theres only about 60 of those thugs in there",,,,"The insurgency is in its last throes",,,,"they will shave off their beards and welcome us in the streets",,,,"its safe to walk the streets of Baghdad",,,,,"we are right on the coattails of Bin Laden",,,"Yep,,,he's gott'um",,,"We know he's gott'um",,,,,"Its a "slam-dunk" that Iraq has WMD'S",,,,and so much more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would hope the caliber of our fighting men are judged on more harse requirements than their singing voice!!!!!!!!!!

AKA Grammie............
  3. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

Mar 9, 2007
    That was a great post. Too bad it was followed by the ravings of a nut case.
    Find a hole, crawl in and pull a rock over it. God Bless our troops and the United States of America. Bob
  4. ilive4skeet

ilive4skeet TS Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Amen Big Bopper. This was meant to pay homage to our troops and not to be a soap box for someone's political agenda. Keep the troops in your prayers, no matter what your "Feelings" are on the war. BTW if you've not been there, keep yer yap shut!

Mike Mates
    USAF Retired
  5. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Great story about the troops!

and grammie...we DO have a PR outfit handling the war in Iraq. It's called Fox News.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.