1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IRAN

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Setterman, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Take'em out now while were "in the neighborhood". Those people only understand force. I believe thats one of the reasons were in Iraq. Don't give me this "were there to steal the oil" crap. Could'a should'a didn't.

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Gordy, As much as I would like to nuke the ragheads, Their two major trading partners are China and Russia. They also have glow in the dark toys too. About the only way to do it is with a surrogate nation, Maybe the Israelis????
    I think the way to go would be with enhanced radiation devices to minimize destruction to the oil production facilities and maximize fatalities.

Jim

3. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

sad thing is...iran has one of the most moderate muslim populations in the middle east. Iranians love america and are not happy with Ahmadinejad...ESPECIALLY after his gas ration.

People are quick to forget that before ahmadinejad came to power the iranian goverment was mostly moderate...ahmadinejad managed to get them all arrested, thereby eliminating his only opposition to power.

attacking iran would be eliminating one of the largest blocks of moderate muslims that exists in the middle east. Now if you want to talk regime change...i bet you could find millions there that would support it.

but the idiots wont...they'll believe their own rhetoric...do the wrong thing and create another iraq, escalate terrorism, and more importantly, escalate a world-wide hatred for the US and its bullying tactics.

Good luck finding another "coalition of the willing(coerced?)" for this idea...they got burnt the first time, brought terrorist attacks to places that had yet to see them...and wont be so easy to coerce into a joint operation as they were in Iraq...especially since most have or are pulling out of iraq as fast as they can.

4. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Here we go. Let the rhetoric begin................

5. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Exactly right, rev. I have a friend who lived in Iran for several years. The Iranians in general are quite friendly towards Americans, and they will eventually get back to being a democratic country all on their own...unless Bush/Cheney turn them into a nation of radicals...as they did with Iraq. Iran is no Iraq. It's an order of magnitude larger, and has a much more powerful military. Bush has demonstrated that he can't even figure out how to handle Iraq. Iran would be 10X harder.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

How many doubles does Ahmadinejad have? Should be easy to take out if the general populace ain't happy with him.

seems to me there was an Ayatollah that hated us too.

It will never end. These people are brainwashed morons. Religion runs the country and fanatics are everywhere. they have a very receptive audience, too.

I remember the dancing in the streets and the big smiles on 9/11.

I would be happy to push the button if no one else will.

HM

7. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

halfmile...this, also, is a country of religiously brainwashed morons.

the dancing in the streets you saw...was a small group of radicals that the media finds in every muslim country.

You want to know what Iran is like...talk to an Iranian...or someone who has been there. I have, and the picture they paint isn't as sensationalist as the one painted in the media and by our politicians.

Now if you want to believe all that the media & politicians tell you...well...I'd direct you to your statement about "brainwashed morons".

oh...and why did the ayatollah hate us? Wouldnt have had anything to do with our support of the dictator Shah Pahlevi would it? Nahhh...we only support the good guys...right? Like Saddam...Pinochet...Amin...Batista. Good guys one & all.

8. David Knapp

David Knapp TS Member

The Shah's goons were trained by the CIA. The goons beat hell out of the Iranian population.

Somebody please tell me why we do not blow up Saudi Arabia. Most of the 9-11 goons were from that hell hole.

David Knapp

9. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

We are not fighting countries. We are fighting terrorists. Countries would be easy. Level them.

10. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

We need to get our butts in gear and find an oil alternative (should've done in the 70's, we're slow learners). Without oil profits, the terrorist regimes would lose financing, and we wouldn't care. In the meantime, we need to be bad ass enough to make them look over their shoulders.
    Do you really think our "meetings, bargaining, and negotiations" mean squat to these people? They'd wipe us off the face of the earth in a heartbeat if they could.

11. David Knapp

David Knapp TS Member

Dove Commander

I could not agree more. Take the money away the terrorists go away in my opinion

David Knapp

12. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Question for the reverend:

In your blog discussions about Iran on DemocraticUnderground.com, did any of your homosexual Bush-hater friends happen to mention on what exact date the moderate, high-minded Iranian patriots you speak of are going to take over control of their country?

...I mean, we're just talking, plus or minus a couple months here...

And is that date before, or after, Iran achieves offensive nuclear weapons capability?

(Not making any claims about the country of my own...just asking you to supply some detail about yours, based on your deep and extensive knowledge gained from conversations with your one casual acquaintace from the area).

While we're at it...do your Democratic friends have any plans to bring back Jimmy Carter to take care of the Iran situation? Why or why not?

13. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

yes..lets lob some nukes. There arent enough people in the world that hate us...that would cement the last 15% who still favor us. Lets radicalize the whole world that way we can keep feeding the Military-Industrial-Congressional complex infintely...or until china, russia and europe team up to invade us and get us under control.

then WE can be called terrorists...(though we would call ourselves insurgents or freedom fighters). Lets continue on this path that we know what is best for arabs and what is best for them to do with their resources.

Some say switch to an alternative energy source to dry up money for terrorists and then we will go away. Once again...you're looking at the symptom, not the cause. If we bailed out of every arab nation, got off their land, stopped mucking in their politics (i.e. Shah/Ayatollah, Hussein, supporting the Saudi princes in on of the most radical of arab countries) then we would see radicalism go back to the crazy lil offshoots that they were, the moderates would stand up against them.

Instead...the idiots will invoke "pre-emptive" military strikes against Iran...piss off a huge bastion of moderates, further increase terrorism recruitment, further drive up the price of oil, further feed american bodies to the grist mill, and we'd be no better off than we are now. Dumping money into a losing battle because we STILL do not understand our enemy, nor their motivations.

freedom haters? gimme a break... they, like us, do not like being invaded and occupied. plain & simple.

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Retract the Balfour Declaration. And all the further ramificatrions thereof.

problem solved.

HM

15. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

All nukes are going to do is devastate the environment and piss off the world. If we were going to use nukes, which means we no longer give a rat's ass about hurting civilians, why not instead just give them a good ole fashion conventional carpet bombing. I mean just start hammering them like we did North Vietnam, but this time don't stop.

Oh yeah, that would still piss off the rest of the world because we'd be killing civilians. See why this isn't so easy boys and girls? I personally would prefer S.F./ Snipers beheading the offending leaders. Then let nature take it's course.

16. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

may I remind you all that you (the USA) import more oil from Canada than you do from the middle east...and we have lots of it...and yes, having said that, we do need to find another energy source so that the Muslim/Commie(Venzuaela)/Unfriendly oil exporters can't call the tune...but I believe it will still come down to us against them. The radical factions will eventually rule because they can influence the poor, uneducated masses that make up thier populations. I fear for our survival if Hilary or Obama get elected....

Ron Burr

Alberta

17. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Bush is scared shitless of mexico, what makes you think he wants to fight Iran?

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Duck-en-aye!

Mexico has won the invasion without us firing a shot, except for those two border agents that were senteced to ten years prison.

19. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Don't get me started on the BP agents. Bush can commute Scooter's sentence and said on TV that he won't promise to pardon the BP agents. I hope that Johnny Sutton rots in hell and Bush is next to him.

20. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

For once I agree with Blizzard. Iran is ripe for a moderate government...they just need the moderates freed from prison and the radicals removed from power.

The average Iranian wants to enjoy the western life...DESPITE what the media tries to show those of you that are succeptible to "liberal media bias".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.