1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

iPod

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I know I posted a thread with the same title a few months back but now since the season is over I can make the change over to trying to shoot with an iPod and if it doesn't work for me I can blame my scores on the weather.

It's not too easy to find earbuds that also reduce dB so I called Skullcandy and they recommended I try these:

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/fmj-black.html

but instead of using the rubber ear bud switch to the foam buds below.

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/comply-foam-tips-1.html

Should these do the job? I'm trying to avoid going deaf.

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I've seen the moulded silicone plugs with earbuds moulded in - you get the protection of the silicone plugs and the 'tunes' as well.

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Ear buds aren't intended to provide hearing protection.

Get the custom molded ones from E.A.R.

4. Herman63

Herman63 Member

I suggest you do a search for the login BIG PAPA and find his molded ear plugs.

I have them and shoot in them and also use them just to listen to my IPOD...

PM is I can help......

Herman63 from ky

5. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Are they soft? The last molded plugs I had weren't soft enough and allowed quite a bit of sound in.

6. Ed Y

Ed Y Well-Known Member

If you're near eastern PA, try Ken Foster in Chalfont. He made a molded pair for both my wife an I. She loves them and she doesn't even shoot. He uses two differeent types of material in the same plugs, hard and soft.``

Ed Yanchok

7. Herman63

Herman63 Member

Here is a pic of some from BIG PAPA's....

[​IMG]

OH yea you use your own headset so if they go bad you can replace the headset, which is one reason I like mine....

Herman63 from KY

8. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Take a look at Shure ear bud sets. About $99 buys you a superb set with interchangeable earpieces. Use the finned soft plastic ones, or the cylindrical foam ones. The foam ones cut loudness by about 30dB. That's the same as the Remington or other foam plugs.

9. Ducky

Ducky Member

Etymotic ER-6i works great during motorcycling. Have excellant noise reduction and good sound quality. They are on E-bay cheap!!!!

10. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

One of the hearing aid doctors in my area does custom plugs so I'm going to contact him tomorrow and see what I can get done this week.

11. warpspeed

warpspeed Active Member

The Etymotic ones are used by musicians while playing on stage. they also offer custom fitted ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.