1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IPHONE or DROID??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

My daughter wants one for her birthday..I have no clue which one is better..I do know the I phones are sold out until mid November.. thanks!

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

Why buy a copy when you can by the original. IPhone is the only way to go. The Android has been called a chess pool of viruses. It's like windows.... Full of crap. The iPhones work.

Tom

3. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

I have had both. Consider the iPhone a Perazzi and a Droid a Mossberg.

Matt Ski

4. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

We have our Verizon Incredibles for over a year. They work great and the applications are numerous. We chose the droids because of the freedom of apps. and they seem to not have the dropped call syndrom that the Iphones are having.

Battery time on either one are not the best. Get a car charger to go along with the home charger.

Vern

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Good answer Tom but it's "Cess Pool". LOL

P.S. Ordered my IPhone 4S last week. Supposed to be here in 2 more weeks. They now have dual antennas. No dropped called with the new IPhone 4S. I 've had IPhones for years and i have never had a dropped call anyway. Never.

6. Eric XT

Eric XT TS Member

I've got both iPhone and Android. I'm waiting for my contract to end with my android and will be getting another iphone. I like the iphone but the only thing that sucks with them is Apple comes out with a new iphone after you buy one. But the cool thing about the droid is you can get a 3D one the 3D gives you a headache
    but it's still cool.

7. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Iphone! Nuff said.

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

grntitan, You have to be the only guy on the planet who's i phone has never dropped a call :) Or you don't drive around much. That being said I would still buy the i phone. Bill

9. grntitan

Bill,

I don't know about the only guy thing but as a "truck driver", my IPhone has quite a few miles on it. Usually have to call dispatch at least 3-4 times a day. Now i don't have the most modern version as mine is the 3GS. I'm on medical leave at the moment but while driving i'm typically in the midwest area(mostly local) where we have very good AT&T coverage. I have had calls that failed to go thru because of no signal but never had a dropped call(knock on wood). I guess part of my luck is, i usually won't even dial when i don't have a good signal.

Matt

10. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you can wait till next June the iPhone 5 will work on the new 4g LTE network ( which the 4s doesnt)which is the fastest of the 4g networks. Plus it should have the holographic key board and screen. Oops,did I let the cat out of the bag.

And Matt its cesspool. Lol

Doug

11. grntitan

Doug,

Oh, LOL.

Well i knew it wasn't "chess"

I stand corrected with a red face :)

12. chopperman

chopperman Member

Iphone hands down

13. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I hate Iphones, they can't swim worth a damn, get waterlogged and drown. Don't ask me how I know.

GneJ

14. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Apple is selling factory unlocked iPhone at full retail price, any SIM card will work in it. You're not restricted to AT&T or Verizon, who has pretty expensive data plans tie to iPhone. Also, It's a big plus when travel outside the U.S. We use T-moble, because every two years for a new contract, we get few hundred dollars cash rebate from the dealer.

Try to avoid Verizon, they don't use SIM card, your iPhone will be completely useless with any other carrier.

With the new IOS-5, your iphone can operate without connecting via a wire.

15. grntitan

Rick--You know Verizon has the IPhone now??

16. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Wait for the 5...

Check link above... Play video..

Doug

P.s Apple now owns domain name applepico.. Look for them to take Aatma studios out in the near future..

jmho

17. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Gene, I drowned 3 so far!

18. cpd544

cpd544 Member

I just replaced my HTC EVO Droid with a new iPhone 4s and the iPhone is hands down a more user friendly, better made phone. Had nothing but issues with the Droid phone and battery life is twice as long on the iPhone. Also like another said the Droid has a lot of apps with problems and viruses the iPhone does not because all theirs have to be approved by Apple.

19. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Gee, I've never had a problem with my Droid...

Lucky, I guess....

20. bud168

bud168 Member

iPhone definetly, I had an 3GS and gave it to my wife then bought at droid and missed my iPhone, I disliked the droid the more I used it.. I couldnt wait to get back to an iPhone, I just recently bought the iPhone 4s and love it.. Definetly go with an iPhone..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.