1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*** Ioz. LOAD WITH ESTATE CASES ***

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Coach, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Depending on how fast you want the load to go, from 17 to 20 gr Red Dot. I like the Claybuster Red Eight, the CB 3118-12AR.

2. Jag one

Jag one Member

I run them through my 9000G same as my Rem hulls using 18 GR. Claydot and Claybuster 4100 Lightening wads and can't tell any difference. I only reload them one time and let em fly! Work great in My model 12's for pump gun S/C competition.Bruce

3. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

I use 18 gr. of Promo, a Fio 616 primer under a DR XXL Orange wad with 1 oz. of 8's. My PW 800+ makes them look as good as factory and I've run straights from short yardage with them.

HBT

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Federal 12S0 wad, about 18.5 grains of Red Dot or Promo, 1oz of hard shot. I use a different primer, since the Fiocchis have not performed as well as others and their cost advantage is not as great as it used to be. This load will go out around 1200 fps, and depending on the primer, the pressures will be reasonable enough. I use the Federal 209A, so the pressure with the Fiocchi might be less. The velocity was close to the same for both primers when I chronographed them. Use the 12S3 with 1 1/8 oz of shot and about 18.8 grains of Red Dot and you'll have a nice load at around 1200 fps. In any event, look for gas leakage around the primer and toss the hulls or use an oversized primer on the next loading and toss after that. The paper base wads do not spring back to size and will enlarge after a couple of loadings. Gas leakage looks like a little dark smudging around the primer at the beginning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.