1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IOWASTATEHALLOFFAME

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by oneidcharlie, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oneidcharlie

oneidcharlie Member

Kevin Hartwig aka "big bird" has been inducted into the Iowa State Softball Hall of Fame. Congratulations Kevin, it is an honor that was well deserved. Proud Pa. Oneidcharlie

2. j l c

j l c TS Member

Congratulations Kevin!

3. jmas

jmas TS Member

Congratulations, Kevin

Jan

4. NintyT

NintyT Member

Kevin,

That's great! May this be followed by many big scores. Steve J

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Congrats, Kevin........Way to go! Hauxfan!

6. Bigbird

Bigbird TS Member

Thanks fellas, had alot of fun playing all over N. America & New Zealand. Trapshooting is the same, a tournament every weekend except none of the great sponsors that I played for. Kevin.

7. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

congrats bigbird nice job. i assume this is fast pitch. iplayed slow pitch for 15 years as i was to chicken to play fastpitch. i have a lot of respect for anyone willing to stand there and let someone throw a softball at you that fast.jackmitch

8. JLSIMON

JLSIMON Member

"Big Bird" is a "Big Dog" swinging a bat or a shotgun. Way to go Kevin!!
    Jim

9. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

I was at the game. Actually, standing right behind the team with the State Troopers, congrats!

10. oneidcharlie

oneidcharlie Member

jackmitch, Kevin played the real game, fast pitch was played by guys with balls and women played slow pitch. Lol Charlie

11. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

hey oneid i know a lot of girls that played fast pitch and not a 1 that played slow pitch when i was playing. in fact the girls around here (IOWA) still play fast pitch in high school and college. not trying to be a smartass but had to respond. when i played slowpitch there was no organized fast pitch league around so it was slowpitch or nothing. i also played basketball, water skied and many other things before i got to old to play and took up trap shooting.

12. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Well, you can thank title 9 for killing baseball at Iowa State.

13. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

congrats Big Turd

14. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

Congratulations Kevin! Gee I never even knew that you were a big softball star until Pop told me at the Grand this year. Is it true that they called you the "Big Yank" when you played in New Zealand?

Now you're a pretty darn good trap shooter and it would not surprise me if someday in the future . . . . . you're inducted into the Iowa Trapshooting Hall of Fame.

Keep up your historical research and collecting for Iowa as you have had some great gun clubs and many notable shooters. I'm presently organizing Tournament Reports from 1919-1950 from Eagle Grove, Des Moines, Blue Grass, De Witt, Rock Rapids and many other towns. Most written & submitted by the great Pro Johnny Jahn. He often squadded with Fred Gilbert, R. R. Barber, George Maxwell, Fred Bills, Guy Ward, Charlie Spencer and Bart Lewis.

Talk with you soon,

Kenny Ray

15. Bigbird

Bigbird TS Member

Steve J, please send me your #. I have a gun ? for you. Kevin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

iowa state trapshooting hall of fame

iowa trapshooting hall of fame