1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IOWANS ARE TOUGH

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Snookassassin, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snookassassin

Snookassassin Member

I have been watching the news about the flooding in Cedar Rapids, a city that I called home for two years back in the 70s. Looks like a real bad time. I noticed a lot of people taking care of business but the wierd part is I didn't hear any of those folks blaming the government for the flood and they weren't waiting around to be rescued. What gives?

Snookassassin, AKA Clif Adams

2. Old Dr. Bill

Old Dr. Bill TS Member

I was the Iowa farmers praying for rain after planting. They over-stated their case.

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Iowans...............Just doing what they have been doing for years. Going about there business taking care of business.......

Hauxfan!

4. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

They have called for voluntary evacuation of Downtown Des Moines. Almost as bad as the flood of '93.

5. lurker

lurker TS Member

Clif, ya think it is only the entitlement crowd that hollers? Nah, couldn't be. :)^)

6. ccridr

ccridr Member

I also watched the Iowa news, and did not see anyone looting stores or roving gangs with guns robing people. To what does one attribute that to?

7. oneidcharlie

oneidcharlie Member

Hi Clif, The flooding here is worse than you could lmagine, flood stage topped out today around 32 feet. The old mark was around 20 feet. How have you been, if you get to Sparta look me up, camper spot #648. Oneidcharlie aka Charlie Hartwig

8. Snookassassin

Snookassassin Member

Hey Charlie,
    Nice to hear from you. I do plan on stopping by Sparta again this year. I don't shoot much any more but I like to visit with old friends.
    From the coverage on Fox and CNN it looks pretty rough in Cedar Rapids. From the films it looked like they were shooting down 1st Ave. Hard to believe that much water running through town. Good luck,
    Clif Adams

9. oneidcharlie

oneidcharlie Member

If you want to see pictures of C>R> go to gazetteonline.com or kcrg.com. Charlie

10. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Otter Creek is high and dry. We will attempt to complete the rest of the NE Zone Shoot next Saturday the 21st. We got lightninged out 2 weeks ago.

11. grunt

grunt Well-Known Member

12. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I heard today on the radio that some of the efforts the citizenery have been working so hard on has not stopped a levie from giving way and the downtown is flooding pretty badly. There will be a lot of work to clean up that mess. Hope they all get it done without injury. Dan

13. grunt

grunt Well-Known Member

Any news?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.