1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Iowa Volunteer Day

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sako75, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sako75

Sako75 TS Member

Please consider helping put the Pat Traps back in the houses at the ISTA home
    grounds Saturday 4/28 begining at 9:00 a.m. The state SCTP Championship will be shot on the ISTA traps on 5/4 and your contribution of time and energy will help facilitate this state effort. Lots of adults working on behalf of lots of young people shows our young shooters our unselfish commitment to our sport.
    ISTA NE Zone Director
    Barrie Swinbank

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Hey, Barrie........On the 28th of April, there is a non registered State High School Shoot in progress at Cedar Falls. There should be upward of 250 shooters vying for team and individual trophies.

I'd help, but.........I have to pull for the High School Shoot and will be busy most of the day, along with a lot of other volunteers for this worthy cause.

Barry, you are a delegate, haven't you heard about the State High School Shoot going on that day?

Hauxfan!

3. Sako75

Sako75 TS Member

Hi Hauxfan
    Yes, am aware of the HS event and a big one it will be. Weather looks like it will hold for the shoot. While the CF Club is doing the HS shoot ISTA will be putting in the traps down the line to the west. Thanks for helping with the HS shoot. If you folks have extra help send them to the west (-:.
    Best Regards
    Barrie

4. Hauxfan

Barrie, we never have extra help.

I would think that the ISTA would want to help with the Iowa State High School Trap Shoot. Guess not.

Hauxfan!

5. Bigbird

Bigbird TS Member

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

7. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Hey, I'll be shooting at Cedar Falls for the High School State shoot. I'm on the team "Norse Clay Busters". As long as the weather holds up, we'll be shooting the 28th, maybe you'll see us there.

-Jollytrapshooter

8. Sako75

Sako75 TS Member

Best of luck to the "Norse Clay Busters" and the Jollytrapshooter. Keep your heads down and shot straight.

9. Hauxfan

Best of luck to you Jolly.

I beleive I'll be working Trap 6 on Saturday. Come by and say Hi! If for some reason I'm not, just ask most (older trapshooters) there to point out Hauxfan to you.

Supposed to be really nice weather, which will be great!

Shoot Good!

Hauxfan!

10. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Kind of a tough day to ask for help, a little pre planning would have been nice. Otter Creek, as it has done for years, holds classes for beginning shooters on Monday eves., Wed. eves., and Saturday mornings, all thru the month of April. I am sure some of the members would love to come up and help both the Cedar Falls Gun Club and the ISTA but we will have a "full plate" the next 2 weekends. May 4th will be spent on getting our own club ready for a 2 day shoot on the 5th & 6th. Not picking on you Barrie, I know what you are up against, but some one should be coordinating events going on state wide. Not only do we have clubs shooting against each othter, but now we are asking for help from clubs and members on days that we already have a full schedule. We worked to get a couple of clubs to change their dates only to find out that they both changed their dates when only one needed to and with a little correspondence it would not have been necessary for somebody to do twice the work.

11. Hauxfan

Beerking, you are right on the money.

Clubs want to throw more targets, but they won't get together and alternate shoot dates so us shooters can get to them all.

You can't have clubs going up against each other as no one will come out ahead.

In the old days, I think the clubs got together and hammered it out, but now it's "in you face" and the clubs and the shooters are the losers.

Hope they get this straightened out this year. If not, it will be more of the same.

It looks like really great weather for the Iowa State High School Shoot in Cedar Falls this Saturday. They are talking temperatures around 77 degrees. Sounds great, looking forward to seeing a large turnout.

Hauxfan!

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Why don't you locals cool it off a little for the state shoot this year? I about cooked in my own sauce last year. Tripod

13. Hauxfan

BigEd, that sounds like a plan.

But I might be a little embarrassed when this old trapshooter gets taken to the wood shed by a bunch of young guys and gals.

Hauxfan!

14. Hauxfan

Upppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shootlow told me to "up" it!

Hauxfan!

15. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

C'mon, I want to hear some more comments.

16. Hauxfan

I was at the Cedar Falls Gun Club last night, and there had to be at least 100 kids there practicing up for the shoot on Saturday. Really great to see.

We even had some that came down from Mason City, a trip of at least 75 miles.

With the good weather we are finally going to have on Saturday, we're hoping for a record bunch of high schoolers to be shooting.

I think they said we will be using 14 trap fields. Anyone want to look me to say hello, I think I'm assigned to Trap 6 to keep score for the kids.

Looking forward to it.

Hauxfan!

17. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Your a good man, Hauxfan. To give this perfect weekend to the kids, instead of shooting for yourself. Shootlow and the literalist diatribe of you, no longer has merit. We now know who you realy are. One of the good guys.

Maltzie

18. Hauxfan

Damn, Maltzie, don't blow my cover!

I wouldn't want anyone to know that I'm a good guy. That's like the kiss of death!

No self respecting trapshooter would talk to me if that ever got out, and the women will shun me for sure.

Woe is me!

I've feel like I've been outed......... ;-)

Hauxfan!

19. Hauxfan

Tomorrow is the big Iowa State High School Shoot, so I'm bumping this one more time.

Hauxfan!

20. PerazziMX2000

PerazziMX2000 TS Member

I will be bringing 10 kids up Haux...hope the weather is better than the last few years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.