1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Iowa State Trapshoot - Homegrounds Report!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Steven R. Scheib, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

Just returned home from another work day at the homegrounds of the Iowa State Trapshooting Association. I have never seen the grounds look this good, period. They could hold the shoot tomorrow. The grounds are absolutely perfect! I should have taken a picture today. It really looks like a park. The work teams have busted their rear ends, quite frankly. Many have spent alot of hours and days there, working. As always, it's the faithful few, but that's why they are called that; because they are faithful to the cause of trapshooting and would never allow the grounds or our association to embarrass itself with a job not done well. When you arrive for our first day of shooting, July 22nd, you will see what I mean. The ole girl has had a make-over and she looks sweet. See you in two weeks, everyone. Steve

2. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Yes, another day was spent on installing a few more traps in the houses. We spent the entire day pruning and weedeating. We power washed out the Crow Shooting Supply building and then put it back together. We also started power washing sidewalks etc. New HVAC units and new water heaters were being installed. Daryl Baker and wife were painting bathrooms and the utilities people were out there working on the power supply as we need to get it up and running to power the pumps on the sand points. We will be chlorinating the water systems. A note of caution, we will be shocking the wells and getting reports back on the condition of the water but I urge you to use our water supply for bathing etc. only and to bring your own drinking water. I am sure most campers already do this so this is just a reminder. The grounds are actualy ahead of where they usually are 2 weeks before the shoot.

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Good news

4. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Who's coming?

5. Soot Them All

Soot Them All Active Member

The Northern Illinois crew will be there, Also is the Harry Bruhn Memorial shoot on the 19th an 20th a go or no go, Uncle wrinkles wants to know cause he always heads your way on Sunday. See you hard working guys real soon, and thanks for all the hard work. Steve Farver......Also hey Trench yus coming

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Soot Them All, the Harry Bruhn shoot is on for the 20th from what I have heard.

Also, we have another shoot with added money on the 19th, so come a day early and make a big week of it.

Good Luck!

Hauxfan!

7. Soot Them All

Soot Them All Active Member

Thanks, Hauxfan, I will pass this along to the ol wrinkly one. See ya Steve....

8. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

iowa state trap association