1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Iowa State Trap. Assoc.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by The Literalist, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Literalist

The Literalist Member

In my quest to clear out clutter, I found some interesting things in a small box related to ISTA. A previously unopened letter from 1964 contained the ISTA annual report, financial statements, and audit submitted by RW Beckman, Sec-Treas.

We then ended the year with $9,471.56, after paying $16,000 towards 80 acres (of the 120 acres) of land...and $300 for "ground leveling."

It includes list of officers and an itemized cash statement among other interesting notes.

Also in the box, a 1964 ATA rule book, an ancient Cedar Falls Gun Club patch, a receipt for my 1964 ATA dues ($2.00, signed by Gene Buck...my 1964 CFGC card ($1.00), and my 1964 ISTA card (#775, $1.00)

Also in the box, several mid 1960s shoot programs and a few other items.

Well, would anyone from the ISTA want these nearly 50-year-old things? Might be fun to hang on the wall at Cedar falls if nothing else.

Denny Spurling
  2. jim brown

jim brown Active Member

I'm glad I ain't that old.

jim brown
  3. The Literalist

The Literalist Member

Tommie, you know gooder than that :) Are you coming to MO shoot?

As for sassy-ass Jim and Ertz: Actually these items were my great, great, great grandfather Denny's items.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.