1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IOWA STATE SHOOT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BeerKing, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Well we pulled it off. 42 days from the day we were submerged we held the "Best Shoot In The Land", 37 PAT TRAPS stood up to the test and we showed the nay sayers that it could happen and it did. It was just a month ago that the rumors were flying around how we would not have a shoot at Iowa and maybe we would have to move locations. Hats off to those of you who showed your support by coming to Iowa and shame on you who did not show up. We had great weather, super targets, and of course a lot of fun. I was personally thanked time and time again for the effort put forth by the ISTA staff and volunteers, thanks, you know who you are. I pulled out of the grounds this morning and had a tear in my eye, not only for what we had accomplished by having this shoot but also because it will be another year before I get to enjoy my friends in "Beer Camp". Yours truly. BK

2. lju

lju Member

Beerking, Kudos to you all! We REALLY appreciate all the hard work it took to get the place ready, and ready it was. Nice job, and I wish I was a little closer so I could have helped with the cleanup. We tend to take for granted that the state shoot "just happens".

Thanks again!

George Sills

3. razor

razor TS Member

beerking & hauxfan, great job on the cleanup we had a great time good targets too. hauxfan: ellie & myself wished we could have visited longer just did not get back over to you. you should come to our wisconsin night feed on the east end on sat. night, it's a great time and good stories too. again thanks RAZOR & ELLIE

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Although I didn't attend Id just like to say that what the club and you did was short of a miracle. Glad everything worked out. My regards to your Dad. Dave Bishop

5. butch's90t

butch's90t Member

Other than a couple of small ponds out past the trap line I didn't see many signs of the flood. Everyone that helped get the grounds clean and the machines useable deserve a pat on the back. Thank y'all for a good shoot. HarryC

6. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

thanks beerking i had a great time saturday and my wife even bought me a used ljutic while we were there. the naysayers and rumor spreaders were wrong, you pulled it off without a hitch. of all the targets thrown on my trap while i was shooting we had 1 broken target. 1 in 1,000 ain't a bad average.jackmitch

7. j l c

j l c TS Member

I would also like to extend my congratulations to a great group for Huge Job well done. Jerry Crenshaw

8. TRAPSHOOTING90T

TRAPSHOOTING90T TS Member

As it always goes the cream comes to the top,or in your case the foam comes to the top.Enjoyed shooting with you in singles on Tuesday.Again a big thanks to all that made what some said couldn't happen not only happen but seem almost routine.

Roger Smith

9. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Razor & Ellie, it was nice to get to talk to you for a while.

Hope you shot great and won your fair share.

See you next year.........we hope........

Hauxfan!

10. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Hats off to all who made it happen...............Roger

11. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

I can only "echo" the praises of others about the grounds, attitude, and performance of ALL those hard-workers who made "it" happen. Thanks again folks for a job damn well done.......Hopefully see you next year......merlyn......

12. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

You know it is very gratifying to hear these kind words. After the work we put into making the grounds look like new again it was special to me to see shooters actually policing the grounds also. Every morning after target setting I went up and down the line picking up as much trash as possible. I actually saw other shooters picking up garbage around their trap, that was very special. One shooter stopped me and made the comment "Gees one would think that they were at the US OPEN". Neat, thanks again to everyone who helped with the clean up and to those who attended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how do you shoot at iowa state trap shot

iowa state trap shoot

iowa state trap shoot location

where was the iowa state trap shoot held