1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Iowa State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by The Literalist, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Shoot is approaching fast. I'm being forced to associate with the SW Iowa Clowns* again. We're squadded up, Maltzie, Sandy, Gravel, Possum Cop, and the handsome shooter(modesty keeps me from mentioning who this is).

I could use a wee bit of help from some of you who'll be there. Ya see, I feel guilty about drinking Maltzie's booze and beer, so this year I've decided to repay him by asking other shooters to supply us. We're not fussy. Please let me know if you can help.

I'm not asking for myself, mind you. It's my little way of helping shooters avoid the DTs.

If I had any money...any money at all!...I'd be glad to kick in a little myself. But alas...

Surely there's generous souls out there.

Anyone? Anyone?

Oh, and Mr. Pride Engineer: I'm counting on you to come through, too!! Hell, you've got more money than the Vatican.

2. T-bone 23

T-bone 23 Member

Hey Lit, Glad to no you are coming. That way I can let all the local farmers to shear all there sheep so those velcro glove are not as efective and you ought to have plenty of money with all the sales of those Denny Spurling signature velcro sheep riding gloves.I heard they have sold like hot cakes at little briches rodeo circut.

3. MN Doubles Boy

MN Doubles Boy TS Member

Lit,

Do I have a deal 4 u, your squad pay 4 my entry fee, options, camping spot & gas 4 me to show up. And I'll buy all the beer 4 your squad!

Oops almost forgot my shells & 2 meals a day too!

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Looks like the "sheep thing" will never go away Lit.

5. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

Just don't forget, home of Frank (the spank) Sick, everyone else will be fighting for second place. I'll be there. Thanks Stan

6. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Donating a little bottled water for the Literalist this year could extend his stay at the Iowa shoot. 2 years ago he went "down" during a mid week event in pleasent 105 degree weather with humidity. Had to go home for his little nurse to take care of him. boohoo. Nurse Double-D implied it was a result of alcohol related dehydration and just being a creature of 24 hour a day air conditioning....the pussy syndrome. No, not Miss Double-D's.

Our friend the Literalist is a delicate flower of handsome that needs special care and consideration. Should be cattered to and given encouragement. He has relied on alcohol for needed courage much too long. Whereas his true need is to grow a pair rather than throw a pair.

Maltz

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Take that Lit!

8. T-bone 23

T-bone 23 Member

9. T-bone 23

T-bone 23 Member

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Is there a AAA class at Iowa?

11. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

There always has been a AAA class so far.

12. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

page 13 of the 2012 iowa state shoot program states 16 yard average of 98% & above will be classified as AAA. dwain

13. T-bone 23

T-bone 23 Member

14. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

15. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Ertz, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't.

Old Harry has to make some money you know.........lol

Hauxfan!

16. Stubbie

Stubbie TS Member

Hauxfan See you next week hope the weather is not too hot for us old fellas.
    Cheers Stubbie

17. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Ertz, I hear you on Denny's favorite float. The only thing you forgot to put in there was the word "free". Anything free is right up Denny's alley. lol

Stubbie, from what I can tell, it looks to be a very hot week with temperatures into the 90s all week.

I can only hope they are wrong as you know how those weather forecasters lie to us all of the time........lol

Hauxfan!

18. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

OH NO.....we may loose our post 5 man.....the Literalist. Him and 90's may not work together. If he would just learn how to sweat. I think he has killed both brain cells and sweat glands with his bar room lifestyle. Maybe if one of y'alls would spray him down occasionally....ya thats the ticket....spray the boy down inbeween traps. Volunteers?

Maltz

19. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

OH NO.....we may loose our post 5 man.....the Literalist. Him and 90's may not work together. If he would just learn how to sweat. I think he has killed both brain cells and sweat glands with his bar room lifestyle. Maybe if one of y'alls would spray him down occasionally....ya thats the ticket....spray the boy down inbeween traps. Volunteers?

Maltz

20. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Ya and work on my flinch too.

Maltz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.