1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Iowa State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by The Literalist, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

After a 4-year layoff, I shot a few rounds of practice today. I didn't break them all, but I looked sooooo good that I figured I should share my handsomeness and talent.

So, I've decided the rest of you have finally won enough that I can start again.

I plan on shooting Thursday through Saturday (maybe more). I'm sure the SW Iowa Clowns* are all squadded and have no room for this poor old late-comer.

Anyone else have an opening on their squad? Oh, by the way, other out-of-state shooters might as well save your entry for the days I shoot. Why waste your money and effort?

Maybe I can bunk with Bobby? Or: If Maltzie sees this...Where ya staying? CO-369? Sandy??

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

so many lines... so little time...

See ya T-W-T.

3. grunt

grunt Well-Known Member

TTT

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Lit, I wouldn't start patting yourself on the back as a winner just yet. lol

Haven't seen you in a couple of years.

Hope you can make it.

Hauxfan!

5. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Lit

It's clear you've been away for a while. You forgot to ask if this was a registered shoot. Welcome back.

Bob

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Haven't seen a Model 12 on the line for a while

7. CO - 369

CO - 369 TS Member

Yo, Lit.,
    I'm between campers, so staying with Allen the cop, wens. & thurs. Got a room @ Days Inn in Cedar Falls, Fri. & Sat. $54.00 a nite. 319-266-1222. You could stay with me, but the wife is still into that nudist thing and I remember how easily you are offended.

Think Maltzie is alone with his scotch. Will see them all @ the Zone tomorrow, let me check and will get back to you Sun or Mon.

8. CO - 369

CO - 369 TS Member

P.S. Did not pre-squad

9. Zardozforty

Zardozforty Member

Denny, did you check with "Sweet Lips and Hot Cheeks" to see if they room? Or is it "Sweet Cheeks and Hot Lips"?

Try the University Inn also! Nice people and homey too!

(8^)

10. The Literalist

Zardoz, you gonna be there?

11. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

Don't forget, Iowa is the home of Frank Sick, returning state champion and has told me he will repeat, so come on down and bring your gun and watch Frank the spank paddle the rest of you Iowegians.

12. Zardozforty

Zardozforty Member

Denny, I might get off the blood thinner this week, and if I do, we might try to make it to Iowa one day! I'll be a little nervous until I've had a few tests without the meds; so probably should stay close to the Doc!

Larry Bumsted and Connie and Janice and I will be celebrating 48 years married the end of July, them, and the first part of August, us. Going to dinner for us has almost become a tradition!

So we might make it. Maybe!

You going?

13. Gun Run

Gun Run Member

We're coming, & it will be our 1st time!

Wayne & Mary Downham / Camden, IN

14. Hauxfan

Gun Run, Glad to hear it.

Enjoy, have fun and shoot good!

Good Luck!

Hauxfan!

15. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Sorry Bro....Delbert and I have a room, but we could order a cot!!!!!

No one is pre-squading this year. We will worry about that when we get there. Friday early for Del and I. See y'all soon.

Maltz

16. The Literalist

Well, the Possum Cop has invited me to bunk with him. Seems he's stopped the snoring. Last time we bunked together, he loosened all my fillings with the gawdawful noise. If his wife should come over on Friday, I may beg Bobby to let me stay with him and his nephew for the one night.

Plan on coming up Wednesday...may make the last event of the day, depends. Then shooting through Saturday's singles.

I feel lucky. 4th Lewis class, here I come!

17. The Literalist

Just got a call from Doubles Boy Munson in Minnesota (2011 MN doubles champ with yet another 100). Seems he read this thread and is scared to death that I'm coming to shoot. I assured him I haven't shot in 4 years, so he has a least a small chance in an event or two.

I know he'll read this (but he's too shy to post)...so I'll remind him of a mistake he made. He said, "You know where the camper is, come down every night and we'll get together."

I guess he forgot I'll be with the SW Iowa Clowns. Eric...have plenty of beer available.

Heck, I'll even bring the guitar.

:)

18. Hauxfan

Come and shoot the Iowa State Shoot and get your body & mind ready for the heat in Sparta. Well, if there is any.

So far, the forecast is predicting for Monday thru Wednesday, 95 degree weather. This should help get you acclimated to Sparta.

Good luck and good shooting to you!

Hauxfan!

19. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Literalist

I'll be there this year.. if you need a filler on your squad. I seem to loose the most often from post 5

Jerry B.

PS. Hows the water levels ?? We've had rain every shoot this year

20. Tpeterson1

Tpeterson1 Member

Whats this? Can it be true,the lit dusting off the ole thunder stick? Might wander down that way and get a pic of the old feller,been awhile since we've seen him,we thought by now the flood waters would've taken him further south...Besides,with Mn goin dry because of our goofy gov and the state shut down,I know the lit drinks my brand of brewsky,"free".

Give him hell DENNY~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.