1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IOWA STATE SHOOT WHO'S GOING

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jackmitch, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

I will be going to my first Iowa state shoot this year. been shooting registered for 8 or 9 years but never had the time or funds at the same time. i hear it's a great place to shoot, hope see lots of people and meet new ones. Jack

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I'll be there just like I've been there the last 30 years or so.

Looking forward to it.

Like Big Ed, I'll be shooting on the east end also.

Hauxfan!

3. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

I'm coming up thursday am will be looking for you guys maybe swanny66 will make it down. have'nt seen him for a long time i wonder if he's gotten fatter or balder or both. if that does'nt get a response i know he's not on here.

4. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

hauxfan i root for the hawkeyes whenever they aren't playing the Cyclones hope to meet you. i'll be easy to spot in my Cyclone hat and shirt.

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Hauxfan..........Anything special about the east end other than more shade? I've shot traps up and down the line and they seem about the same to me.

Hoping to make the shoot the weekend before the state shoot also. Heading for Otter Creek tomorrow, might see ya there if you go.

Bill

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

See if you guys can cool it down a bit this year huh?

7. Hauxfan

Jackmitch, I don't believe Cyclone paraphernalia is allowed on the the State grounds. Or even North of the Mason Dixon line, is it?

Sorry.......lol Just kidding.........Look me up.......

likes-to-shoot.......Don't know if there is any thing special about the east end, but it is just closer to where we have a parking spot.

We shoot the east end so us old pharts don't have to walk so far. Works for us........We don't seem to shoot any better though.

Still wishy washy about shooting Otter Creek tomorrow. I haven't been shooting handicap worth a crap this year, so I may pass and just go shoot some practice at the Cedar Falls Gun Club.

I'll see everyone at the State Shoot.....

Hauxfan!

8. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

hail big ed!!! a great shooter and a fine judge of good looks. Ed have you had your vision checked lately?
    Hauxfan i spent a lot of money sending my oldest to ames to get an education and have a sister who went to u of i. my dad went to drake, and i went to work.they were all a lot smarter than me. Iowa city was a great place to get drunk when my sister went there but i don't drink anymore and don't really like all the weirdo's in iowa city these days if you get my drift.

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

NO AUTOGRAPHS!!!!! Can I have my picture taken with you. LOL

Bill

10. Hauxfan

Okay, Jack, I see you've got BigEd to vouch for you, so that's good enough for me, although he did say something about needing new glasses when I talked to him the other day.......... lol

Looking forward to meeting you. And I do get your drift.

Zara, we'll be seeing you on the 27th I believe. Should be a really good shoot. Glad you are coming..........to the shoot......I thought I'd better add that. lol

2 1/2 more weeks and then.........let the games begin!

Hauxfan!

11. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

by the way hauxfan why do you think thet call it the Iowa State shoot and not the U of I shoot also for everyones sake lets hope big eds glasses arrive in august.

12. Hauxfan

jack, I guess you have a point there.

I'll have to bring that up for a vote on Sunday, as we could probably have a bigger and better shoot if it were known as the Hawkeye State Shoot.

Especially since everyone knows that this is "The Hawkeye State".....lol lol

Hauxfan!

13. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

never mind.you got me there. i still like the hawks but after several thou sent to ISU for #1's ed i became Cy fan. thank god #2 is going to indian hills c.c.by the way they would of beat any of our 4 year colleges in basketball this year.hope i'm not too broke to shoot after #3goes to college. I will have a tin cup ready for donations at the state shoot for all who feel they want to help me buy a new trap gun oops i mean with the boys education.

14. Hauxfan

You are probably right about the Indian Hills team.

Hopefully, things are going to improve for both teams, as I like both coaches, and I really do want the Psyclones to do well when the Hawks aren't playing them.

I can understand the cost of college for your kids too. That is damned expensive. Thank God mine are all through with that. Now it's there turn to put their kids through. lol

Good luck on getting them through, as I have always said, these kids now a days need an education. (Hear that Trey?)(lol)

See you at the shoot, and hey, if Ed's new glasses don't get here until August, I've got an old pair he can use..........Course I can't see the birds with them either.........lol

Hauxfan!

15. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

ed aaa just kidding hope you had them next day aired. a friend of mine got glasses through the mail that weren't right. hope that doesn't happen to you.
    now you can hold back all you want. you'll have a hard time holding back far enough to get down in my territory the way i've been shooting. Trey if your listening i agree with hauxfan about the education thing.
    oh great and powerful oz oops i mean zarathrusta hope to meet you too i read a lot of your posts.

16. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Jack....Glad to see you will make the Iowa state shoot. Having Hauxfan as a guide may be hazardous to your scores. Last years 100 degree weather may have fried his brain, but then again, he has been this way for years.

Bringing the whole crew, one full squad of SW Iowa clowns. Shooting, camping and a few after hour Miller lights. No Literalist this year. That means no old BS stories to contend with. Hauxie, your reputation will be better saved by Denny's absents. Maybe Jack can take his place and we can pick on someone else.

Shoot well, Boy's.

Maltzie

17. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

no booze for me thanks i been on the wagon for 19 years, ain't going to fall off now. i'm shooting on my beer money. if i had all the money i spent on booze i could have a very expensive trap gun and shoot a lot more than i do now, and probably have a few more brain cells.

18. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

maltzie i forgot to ask how did the western crew fare in ottumwa i didn't hear. with the printer being down i couldn't check the scores. you probably won't bw able to do much picking on me with my beautiful mane of flowing hair and my great shooting ability. oh yeah i forgot i'm bald. maybe i'll get lucky with the shooting.

19. Hauxfan

Maltzie, the Literalist isn't coming???

What's his excuse this time? He has to stay home and wash his clothes that week.....

Maybe it just goes to show you that Iowa can do a better job of sealing their borders better than they can down in Arizona! lol lol

Well, at least we won't have to listen to Denny's stories about his favorite sheep again.

Heard so many of them last time that I sold my old sheepskin coat.

I was afraid Denny might take a liking to it...........with me in it..........lol lol And that ain't going to happen!

Looking forward to seeing you at the "Shoot", along with that Bob "what's his name" fellow......

Hauxfan!

20. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

bob who usually takes home all the money when he comes to ottumwa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.