1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Iowa State Shoot Program

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hulsfarm, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hulsfarm

hulsfarm TS Member

Does anyone know of a web site I can go to to print a program for the Iowa State Shoot to be held the week of June 22-27? I have looked on the Iowa Trapshooters Association page and found nothing.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Hulsfarm, I tried and I cannot find it either.

For some reason, when you click on the State Shoot Program, it shows you who won last year.

So I will type it in from my Iowa State program that they sent me.

It runs from July 22-27.

On Tuesday, July 100 singles, 100 handicap, and 50 pair of doubles.

Wednesday......same program

Thursday, July 24.....Hawkeye 100 singles, Nitro 27 100 handicap and 50 pair of doubles.

Friday, July 25. Iowa doubles championship. 50 pair of doubles followed by the Winchester AA Handicap.... and a 100 singles "fun shoot" for those who wish to shoot more birds.

Saturday.......200 16 yard targets

Sunday, July 27 100 handicap targets.

All starting times are 10:00am except on Saturday, where they are starting at 0900am.

Hope this helps.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hauxfan!

3. hulsfarm

hulsfarm TS Member

Thank you for the info. At least we now know what is being shot on what day.

4. Hauxfan

We do have a Gene Buck Shoot on the 19th of July. I think that is 100 singles, 100 handicap and 50 pair of doubles.

Added money should be $500.00 or so, I can't seem to find it on the Cedar Falls Gun Club website.

Also, I believe they have another shoot on Sunday, the 20th of July with the same type of program.

So if you wanted to, you could come and shoot every day from Saturday through the next Sunday with only Monday off. Depends on what you'd like to do.

Hauxfan!

5. hulsfarm

hulsfarm TS Member

We would love to be able to attend the shoot all those days, but, unfortunately, we have to work during the week. We will be at the shoot Friday-Sunday. Another couple comes with us, and they also have to work the whole week. All of us have Friday off so will probably come up on Thursday night. Thanks for the info though.

6. Hauxfan

Sounds good.

As you have probably heard, we had a massive flood to our grounds and we are in the process of cleaning it up and getting everything ready to go and it will be as good as new by the time our State Shoot starts.

If you'd like to see some of the pictures, click on Cedar Falls Gun Club and then click on photo albums on the left. Some really great pics.

To do the pictures justice, you should start at the bottom and then work your way up. The bottom pics show the water and the other pics show the work being done by some of our clean up crew.........which I believe is mostly shooters.

Hauxfan!

7. Hauxfan

Here is a list of shoots at the Cedar Falls Gun Club for the rest of the year.

Cedar Falls Shoots.

Hauxfan!

8. hulsfarm

hulsfarm TS Member

Thanks for the pictures. We live in Bentley, IL, and was not directly affected by the flood except for my wife getting to work. A couple of days she had to drive 101 miles round trip to go to work. That gets old real fast when it normally is only 42 miles round trip. We were more affected with the Keokuk, Fort Madison, and Burlington, Iowa bridges being closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.