1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Iowa State Shoot-July 21-26th

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hauxfan, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Come one, come all!

We start shooting on Tuesday the 21st and you don't have to quit until the afternoon of the 26th.

Iowa Program.

If you'd like to come a couple of days early, the Cedar Falls Gun Club is having a marathon, (shoot what you want) on Saturday the 18th. And on Sunday, we have the Harry Bruhn shoot which a lot of shooters like to shoot.

The shoots on Saturday and Sunday will start at 10:00am.

Here is the Cedar Falls Gun Club's site. Click on it and you'll find the program a little ways down the page.

Like I said, come one, come all.

I won't say it's the best in the land, but.........I will say it is one of the best in the land.

Come and enjoy.....

Hauxfan!

2. Hauxfan

Well, Shootlow, I don't know what to say........except.......make sure you ask for a program when you come up here on Tuesday.

They might have one lying around somewhere.

Hauxfan!

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Up for the iowa Guys/girls..

4. tachyon

tachyon Member

If you plan on attending this shoot, be aware that the state has been invaded by a strange alien species as shown in the picture above. It seems as if the natives do not recognize the threat. I counted hundreds and others confirm that there are thousands of these alien beings all across the country side. What used to be fields of corn and "amber waves of grain" are now populated by these very large alien beings. I personally saw one chew up an unsuspecting dove as it got too close to their rotating arms.

[​IMG]

At great personal risk to myself I captured the above close up of one of the beings. They don't seem to be able to move very fast if at all, but their numbers keep increasing. One theory is some sort of root system (kindof like bindweed) where one sends out large wire like tentacles under the ground. Then another one sprouts where the wire ends.

[​IMG]

This picture shows a dark mound next to the alien. There is a popular theory that these are the remains of those who got too close to the alien.

So if you are going to the Iowa State shoot be aware of the risks.

5. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

Thanks for the warning.......I will make sure I charge up my fazers....Sue

6. Hauxfan

Interesting fact.........Iowa is second in the country when it comes to wind energy.

Check it out.

Hauxfan!

7. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Getting excited about heading north to the Iowa State Shoot. Seeing old friends and making new ones. Have to help out the brewry & grocery businesses as part of my civic duty. And of course - BLOW UP a bunch of clay targets!!!
    Hope to see you all there!

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Is this photo taken at the Cedar Falls club? Hauxfan say it isnt so...

9. Hauxfan

Not to worry Grunt, those pictures were not taken at the gun club.

It sounds like pretty good weather for next week. Here's hoping they are right....

Hauxfan!

10. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

I have already started loading my car for the trip north starting from San Antonio, tx on Monday. I am really looking forward to seeing old friends and shooting some good targets. Down on field 1.Under the shade trees.Thats where Tom Hamann holds court.
    Bob Roberts

11. Hauxfan

ljutic231, I'll come by and say howdy sometime during the shoot.........

That is.......If this old phart don't forget.......lol

Hauxfan!

12. Soot Them All

Soot Them All Active Member

Hey Hauxfan, when your down on the east end stop by and say howdie to the northern Illinois, group we always enjoy some jaw jacking and such, I can't wait till we can invade Iowa for the week. Bring Beerking and we will shoot the breeze. Look out Iowa here we come.. Steve Farver.... maybe Harry the Hammer will attend... Trench-12 has wimped out on shooting. wimp wimp wimp, cry cry cry.

13. Hauxfan

Soot Them All, I'll do that.

It's getting so your can't count on those southeast Iowans anymore. Trench and Big Ed and Trey I fear have given it up.

They may pop up one day just for old times sake, but I doubt if you'll see either one of them with a shotgun in their hands. They may have forgotten how......lol lol

Hauxfan!

14. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Steve,

Sure wish we were going to be there with you guy's, but will just have to wait until next summer.

Tell everyone that God willing and the Krick don't rise the Aussie gang will be there next year.

Guess it will be a little sad the first Iowa State with out Brad, you will have to raise your first cup of ice cream in his memory.

Good luck to all and have a great State shoot.

"Release Trigger"....aka. Gary Kennerson.

Steve, say hello to Brown for me I believe he will be there Fri thru Sunday.

Haux, Say hello to Mr Bigilow from the Aussie gang and tell him Little John still has his can of "Woop-ass" unopened and saving it for next summer.

15. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

tachyon,

Did they belt out a large "UUUUULLLLLLLLAAAAA" noise when you got near them?

One other item of note, Haux says "Iowa is second in the country when it comes to wind energy."

Expect it to be windy.

16. Hauxfan

Gary, I'll be sure and give Dennis your message, or he may read it here himself. I think he does read this site once in a while.

Hauxfan!

17. Soot Them All

Soot Them All Active Member

Release trigger, I'll tell Brownie,It is going to be tough without "OL Taft" at this years shoot, it has been tough all year without hearing YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH on his turn, My Ice cream fund is growing also. I still am spreading his ashes at everyplace we attended, by shotshell of course. I'll tell Dennis that the little Aussie still has his can of Whoop-Ass, but who are we kidding.

I sure hope you can get yourself nailed back together enough to come next year.

Steve....

18. trench12

trench12 TS Member

Steve- I hope you don't raise all kind of ruckus out here in the land of the free like you did in the Peoples Republic of Wisc. Your actions may be monitored by the HAMMER or one of his appointed deputies. I will try to have a spell checker available for your use just in case the spelling police are present. TG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.