1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Iowa State Shoot Food!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hauxfan, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Okay, it this thread is not really a shooting type, but it is about shooting and the food at the Iowa State Shoot.

For those attending the Iowa State Shoot, I will tell you a couple of good places to get some great food.

Going down the line. Well, not so far. Go to the Cedar Falls Clubhouse and the kitchen set up in there.

They have a fantastic Philly-Cheese Steak on a Pita. Loved it. It consists of sliced steak really thin, but a lot of it..........plus onions and mushrooms and maybe a little more that I'm missing, topped with that good cheese of course. It is a really great sandwich. Try it, you'll like it.

Also, going west down the line, just pass Merlyn's setup there is a little tent and they are selling pies and home made cinnamon rolls and popping popcorn.

I must confess, I didn't try the rolls, but the pie was just like my Mom's, and that is saying a lot as my Mother was noted for her pies making skills.

They are all homemade pies, so guys and gals, they have that really great crust and they are delicious.

Now, I also want to say that I am not a shill for either of these business's. I ate at both places. They are simply putting out a good product and I just wanted everyone to know.

This is in no way knocking any of the other great places to eat, I just haven't got around to them yet.

Now go shoot, eat and enjoy yourself.

Hauxfan!

2. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Haux:

Are you kidding?? How would a thread about good groceries NOT qualify as
    'shooting related' LOL!!!

sissy

3. Zardozforty

Zardozforty Member

How bout the guys who sold the pork chops? Thety were grilled and the bone extending out of the meat made it look like a "pork chop on a stick". Those were great!

Larry, are they still recruiting Playboy models for score keepers there? I swear the most beutiful girls in the whole State work there!

In fact, one year I asked some friends there if the rumor was true that when homely girl babies were born in Iowa, they shipped them down to ............ ! Take your pick!

They said it was true!

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

HauxSkinny? Bet he tried them more than once? Good food is a magnet for AAA wannabees!

Zardo, you dirty ole man! :)

Hap wurkin his way to AAA.

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Zardo, with this hot weather, my eyeballs are working overtime!

I'm sure yours would be too.....lol

To bad some of you can't make it!

I'll eat an extra piece of pie for you....lol

And of course someone has to keep an eye on the girls for you! LOL

Hauxfan!

6. shrek

shrek Active Member

Being that it is in Iowa there has to be some good pork chops or pork sandwiches there along with the beef....

7. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

good food.....
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.