1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IOWA STATE HOMEGROUNDS/CEDAR FALLS GUN CLUB

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BeerKing, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

AS MANY OF YOU KNOW IOWA WAS DEVASTED LAST WEEK WITH THE FLOODING OF THE CEDAR AND IOWA RIVERS DISPLACING SOME 27OOO PEOPLE IN THE CITY OF CEDAR RAPIDS ALONE AND COMPLETELY WIPING OUT TOWNS. IT WILL BE YEARS BEFORE SOME OF THESE PLACES AND PEOPLE GET BACK TO NORMALCY, UNFORTUNATELY SOME NEVER WILL. THE HOME GROUNDS FOR THE "BEST SHOOT IN THE LAND" LOCATED IN WAVERLY IOWA WAS ONE OF THOSE CATASTOPHIES BUT "WE WILL BE BACK". WE MADE LARGE HEADWAY TODAY AND WE WILL BE BACK AT IT AT 8:30A.M FRIDAY THE 20TH. COME OUT IF YOU CAN AND SEE WHAT REALLY IS GOING ON INSTEAD OF LISTENING TO THE B.S. COMING FROM PEOPLE WHO DO NOT HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING. THOSE WHO SPEAK THE LOUDEST WERE NOT PRESENT TODAY SO IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH COME AND SEE FOR YOUSELF OR GET IN TOUCH WITH THOSE WHO REALLY KNOW. WE HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF NOT HOLDING THE IOWA STATE SHOOT AT OUR HOME GROUNDS.

2. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

hooray for the ista, there was never much doubt in my mind that iowa would have a state shoot. hope the economy picks up or i won't be able to make it. jackmitch

3. Kynoch

Kynoch TS Member

Steve,

Thanks for the burger offer. I did manage about 1,100 gal. through the power washer. Maybe Fri. for the next bldg, or are you guys taking care of them?

4. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

If I was there I woulod certainly help as I always look forward to the Iowa State shoot. See you in July Its a long drive from San Antonio, Tx.

5. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Depending on the help we have we are intending on finishing up with the trap machines and then starting in on the sign up building. If we could get another turn out like yesterday things would be shaping up in a hurry.

6. Dennis Bigelow

Dennis Bigelow TS Member

Real Kudo's need to go out to Jon Peterson, ISTA directors and alternates, Jane Griffith, Dan Osgood and CFGC members and other ISTA volunteers who yesterday took the first steps in getting the ISTA grounds ready for the Iowa State Trap Shoot. There are too many names to list for fear of leaving some out, but you know Beer King and several of his associates were "knee deep" in the mud, blood and probably a little beer later in the day. Suffice it to say, that there is still a lot of work to to, but if yesterday is any indication, it will get done. The willingness of many to roll up there sleeves, pant legs and anything else to "pitch in" is really something to see.
    Many will be back at it again on Friday.......so if any of you can find the time to give a couple of hours, or more............it would be appreciated. We should all be thankful and appreciative of the efforts of so many people. It was great to see, but the work continues.

7. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

What! You guys not waiting for the Government? Why thats un-American......LOL........Keep after it and good fortune........Roger

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

9. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Thanks Big I am on the way.

10. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Another day with huge steps made to procure the holding of the "BEST SHOOT IN THE LAND". It was great to see CFGC people working hand in hand with ISTA people to make sure of one thing. We will host the "BEST SHOOT IN THE LAND" in Cedar Falls Iowa. Members of the Cedar Falls Gun Club, Dan Osgood and Dave Winegard jumped into those atrocious trap houses and made them as new while members of the ISTA were going through all of the PAT TRAPS to make sure they were in good shape. By the end of the day we had the Cedar Falls Gun Club building put back to shape, the sign up room up and running and the "Bob Allen Room" cleaned up. We are currently using the Crow Shooting Supply Building as headquarters and we will soon be moving from there to clean up Steve & Brenda's building. We thank them for their generosity in letting us use there facilities while the rest of the grounds was not as easily accesible. I will keep you posted as to the next major work day. We still need to power wash the west end showers, do a walk around pick up trash day. Soon you will never know it happened.

11. dangwood

dangwood TS Member

Just want to add a quick note to Beerking's last update. Jon Peterson and I met with our electrician after leaving the grounds Friday evening and feel good about the power being ready in a timely fashion. I also want to thank everyone who has literally dug in and helped dig out . These are not good working conditions but these people have only one goal in mind and that is to put on the "Best shoot in the land" and THIS SHOOT IS DEFINATELY GOING TO HAPPEN. Dan Wood

12. Bigbird

Bigbird TS Member

Way to go Dangwood & all others.

13. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Dan, I will e-mail you.

14. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Members of the Cedar Falls Gun Club spearheaded by Dan Osgood & Dave Weinberg have cleaned and power sprayed the inside of about 1/2 of the trap houses. Plans to work on the rest of them along with other chores will resume in full force on Friday the 27th and Saturday the 28th and once again another scheduled work day will be the 1st of July. Bring whatever you can spare including the will to get a little dirty. We need to clean bathrooms and showers, finish trap houses and pick up debris off the grounds. The ISTA crew will be going thru machines and getting them all dialed in to go back into the houses all ready to throw targets. Remember this when one person has to clean out a trap house it probably takes them a good hour or two. Bring a helper and just take a couple of traps and see how much faster things go. Remember these are your grounds and by that I mean the members of the ISTA...YOU. Please come help.

15. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

16. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

All trap houses are emptied, Tom Berry and son, Jim Cole , Jon Petersen & Ron Moenkle finished emptying the 5 remaining traps and then proceeded to power wash the shower house. Doc Winters and myself started replacing electrical equipment in the trap houses. Don Wycliff redid the sign up counter. Barrie Swinbank myself and Don W. worked on a wiring the Pat Traps for easier removal from the houses. Dan Osgood, Mark Simkins, Jim Lynch, Dave Weinberg replaced electrical outlets in the CFGC and the Bob Allen building. Jane Griffith was busy scrubbing-scrubbing and scrubbing. We are small but we are mighty, a little more participation would not hurt either. I hate to say it but when we are done with this restoration everything will be as knew. There is a lot of work a head so if you can please let me know your schedule as to when you can help out for a few hours and believe me we can find something for you to do.

17. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

18. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Work day on July 1st.

19. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

See you Tuesday.

20. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Let me know if you can help. With the state shoot starting just 3 weeks from tomorrow we could use the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ista homegroungs cedar falls