1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Iowa Shooter David Davidson Passes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dangwood, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dangwood

dangwood TS Member

Our thoughts and prayers go out to David's family. His presence and wry humor will be missed.

Dan, Brenda, and Devon Wood

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Dave also shot at Ventura, Stockdale's and Cedar Falls gun club. I will miss him a lot as we shot together quite often.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Bill

3. Ken Brandt

Ken Brandt Active Member

This is sad news. Dave was one of the good guy's. If he showed up at a shoot buy himself he would just say "put me on a squad somewhere, I'm just here to have fun." Then he would go out and do his damd'est to beat you. And he was getting pretty good at doing just that.

Deepest condolences to his family from everyone at the Stockdale Gun Club.

Ken Brandt

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

My condolences to the Davidson family. Dave Bishop

5. Ken Brandt

Ken Brandt Active Member

This is sad news. Dave was one of the good guy's. If he showed up at a shoot buy himself he would just say "put me on a squad somewhere, I'm just here to have fun." Then he would go out and do his damd'est to beat you. And he was getting pretty good at doing just that.

Deepest condolences to his family from everyone at the Stockdale Gun Club.

Ken Brandt

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

My condolences to the Davidson family. Dave Bishop

7. Dr. Oz

Dr. Oz TS Member

O God, great and omnipotent judge of the living and the dead, we are to appear before You after this short life to render an account of our works. Give us the grace to prepare for our last hour by a devout and holy life, and protect us against a sudden and unprovided death. Let us remember our frailty and mortality, that we may always live in the ways of Your commandments. Teach us to "watch and pray" (Luke 21, 36), that when Your summons comes for our departure from this world, we may go forth to meet You, experience a merciful judgment, and rejoice in everlasting happiness. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

8. johansonmatt

johansonmatt TS Member

Thanks for everyone’s thoughts and prayers. Guns were his passion every time we talked we had a new discussion about a trap meet he was just at or something new he was trying with his gun. Dave taught me a lot about guns and I am proud to say I've learned from one of the best. Dave's "Little Annie Oakley" Lisa enjoyed showing her Dad how she could put a bullet through the same hole with his 243 and will never forget the times she’s shared with her Dad and his sport. If they don’t have trap meets in Heaven they do now!

Dave's Son-In-Law,

Matt Johanson.

[​IMG]

Lisa with her 6 1/2 foot Black Bear

9. guido

guido Member

I am deeply saddened and I will miss him.

Guido

10. Pat's Gun Repair

Pat's Gun Repair Member

Talk about some sad news!!!!! On Feb 14th Dave and I had a few laughs at Austin. He even kicked my butt so bad, we had to have lunch together. I will always remember Dave as one of the guys who loved to shoot his Model 12's. He just purchased a new stock for his latest Model 12 and he had me install it for him, then he proceeded to kick my butt with it. He was so happy as to the way it shot he was talking about shooting it this next year for the handicap event. Another thing that we talked about was his family and how he was going to go to Alaska to shoot the State Shoot which was within driving distance from his daughter. He also showed me the pictures he received from her and his son-in-laws bear hunting trip. As you can see I could go on about Dave. So Dave (The guy with two first names) you will be greatly missed by me and everyone who's paths you crossed. Rest in Peace!!!!!!

Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.