1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Iowa SCTP State Shoot at Cedar Falls

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Iowa High School State Shoot at Cedar Falls

I am an SCTP shooter and I would just like to say thanks to the Otter Creek Gun Club for putting on a great shoot yesterday. For how many kids they had shooting, it all ran pretty smoothly, only problems we had was we ended up at the wrong trap, but that was the fault of our coach. Then it took a while to get results tallied up, but it was over all a great shoot. They throw great targets, and check them often. I shot my first 3 25's of the year there, and was 3 birds under placing in individual scores, plus my team got second place in varsity division. Thanks! Josh

2. Bigbird

Bigbird TS Member

Josh, the Iowa State Trapshooting Association hosted the SCTP event with help from the DNR & many other volunteers. You were shooting on the home grounds of the " Best Shoot In the Land", the Iowa State Trapshoot. You were not at Otter Creek.

3. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Thanks for clearing that up...I wasn't quite clear on that, but just put it in...Josh

4. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

you three should come to the se. iowa zone the 31 and 1st. bigbird i here a lot about you from tommy g. hope to see ya here. likes we've talked on here before and you should come too. i score on trap 4 if you come look me up. add ell to my log in and you have my name.jackmitch
    jollytrapshooter with a name like that you have to come to ottumwa too.

5. Bigbird

Bigbird TS Member

Likes-to-shoot, there were no volunteers from C.Falls gun club.

6. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Jollytrapshooter, I had on an Otter Creek Sportsman's Club shirt but as Big Bird states the shoot was at the home grounds for the Iowa State Shoot in Cedar Falls Iowa. The help was all volunteer, there were no Cedar Falls people helping with the SCTP shoot. The help came from the ISTA staff, the DNR and the SCTP crew. Yes it did run well and the reason you might have not shot on the trap you were scheduled to shoot on was because Ron Underwood and I moved some squads to different traps so as to not get backed up and keep the shoot running smoothly. A well run shoot and think everyone had a good time.

7. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Yea, I was just a little confused on where I was at, just wasn't paying enough attention I guess. Though if you were the only one around there with an Otter Creek shirt on, then I know I saw you. Too bad we didn't meet. Josh

8. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Jollytrapshooter where do you live?

9. rifle guy

rifle guy TS Member

Both jollytrapshooter and I are from Story City, Iowa and are members of the "Norse Clay Busters" team. I have also included a link to an article giving the overview of the shoot and the final scores. SAWYER

10. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

What Rifle Guy said...The picture at the top of that article is actually our team, I am on 4 (the only lefty) and he is on 5. Josh

11. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

good job, to bad you are so far away from Otter Creek,

12. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Yea, I'd like to make there at least once some time soon. Josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cedar falls trap shooting

dnr state trap shoot cedar falls ia

iowa high school state trap 2016 location address