1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Iowa National Guard Training to Confiscate Weapons

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by stims, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stims

stims TS Member

This is an article that I pasted from The Carroll Iowa Daily Times Herald from 2/17/09

Whats the real agenda here?

2/17/2009

Email this article • Print this article

The primary phase will be done Saturday, April 4, when convoys will be deployed from Carroll to Arcadia. Pictures of a suspected arms dealer will be shown in Arcadia, and soldiers will go door to door asking if residents have seen the suspect. ... The drill will culminate in the apprehension of the suspected arms dealer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guardsmen to conduct urban training at Arcadia in April

By BUTCH HEMAN
    Staff Writer

The Carroll National Guard unit will train on urban military operations by holding a four-day exercise at Arcadia.

The purpose of the April 2-5 drill will be to gather intelligence, then search for and apprehend a suspected weapons dealer, according to Sgt. Mike Kots, readiness NCO for Alpha Company.

Citizens, law enforcement, media and other supporters will participate.

Troops will spend Thursday, April 2, staging at a forward operations base at Carroll. The next day company leaders will conduct reconnaissance and begin patrolling the streets of Arcadia to identify possible locations of the weapons dealer.

The primary phase will be done Saturday, April 4, when convoys will be deployed from Carroll to Arcadia. Pictures of the arms dealer will be shown in Arcadia, and soldiers will go door to door asking if residents have seen the suspect.

Soldiers will knock only at households that have agreed to participate in the drill, Kots noted.

"Once credible intelligence has been gathered," said Kots, "portions of the town will be road-blocked and more in-depth searches of homes and vehicles will be conducted in accordance with the residents' wishes.

"One of the techniques we use in today's political environment is cordon and knock," Kots explained. "We ask for the head of the household, get permission to search, then have them open doors and cupboards. The homeowner maintains control. We peer over their shoulder, and the soldier uses the homeowner's body language and position to protect him."

During this phase of the operation, troops will interact with residents and media while implementing crowd-control measures and possibly treating and evacuating injured persons.

The unit will use a Blackhawk helicopter for overhead command and control, and to simulate medevacs.

The drill will culminate in the apprehension of the suspected arms dealer.

Alpha Company will conduct a review of the drill on Sunday, April 5.

A meeting to give residents more information and accept volunteers will be held 7 p.m. Monday, March 2, in the Arcadia American Legion hall.

Kots said the exercise will replace Alpha Company's weekend drill for April.

"We have a lot of extended drills this coming year," he added.

In addition to surveillance, searching and apprehension, the exercise will also give the troops valuable experience in stability, support, patrol, traffic control, vehicle searches and other skills needed for deployment in an urban environment.

"This exercise will improve the real-life operational skills of the unit," said Kots. "And it will hopefully improve the public's understanding of military operations."

The pre-drill work with residents is as important at the drill itself.

"It will be important for us to gain the trust and confidence of the residents of Arcadia," said Kots. "We will need to identify individuals that are willing to assist us in training by allowing us to search their homes and vehicles and to participate in role-playing."

"We really want to get as much information out there as possible, because this operation could be pretty intrusive to the people of Arcadia."

2. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Like hell at my house. No drill no searching without a warrant.Period.

3. stims

stims TS Member

Coming soon to a town near you!

4. tj303

tj303 Member

They are practicing for the next 'Katrina'. When the shit hits the fan the Government (your government)wants you disarmed.

5. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

the action by the nat guard and other entitys (UN)is the reason why 21 states have claimed their sovereignty (freedom from external control) from the federal goverment. can read on infowars.com . Iowa has not done so JPark

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Recall; The cold dead fingers message, from Big John?

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Good lord, these people are idiots. Who thought up this really stupid drill. What about all the neighbors seeing armed Guardsmen running around? If someone doesn't get shot, it will be lucky.

8. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

I thought IL. was bad where I live.Folks it's cowboys and Indian time.

Bocephas

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

It's going to happen. I'm sure all the criminals will give up their guns and we will be much safer.

HM

10. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Will the soldiers be wearing SS Uniforms?

11. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Substitute "Illegal alien" for "suspected arms dealer" and just how do you think the media would react?

12. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Same reply posted to the other, virtualy identical, posting on this subject.

And what happens when someone who doesn't know about the "game" decides that this is the time to "Fly the Black Flag"? That is to fight rather than surrender. Then the REAL BULLETS may start flying. What comes next, Helicopter gun ships, Predator drones with missiles, C-130's with Gatling Guns?

How many times have law enforcement at all levels staged raids on "illegal arms dealers", narcotic dealers and who knows what else? Even with the "need" to have a warrant, they still manage to find the wrong house on the wrong street. Now you let a couple of hundred armed Guardsmen come knocking on doors of "only willing participants", and how long before they just happen to get the wrong house? What happens if the homeowner figures it is some kind of home invasion, which it WOULD be, and decides to try to stop it? Can you say TROUBLE like you never thought you would see in the U.S.A.?

Maybe now that they have kicked out all the foreigners from Gitmo, they can restock the places usin the U.S. Citizens of Arcadia!

13. stims

stims TS Member

How about this! Do you think the "suspected arms dealers" might have been tipped off as to what's coming? I think the arms dealer part is a buncha crapola...........Nice pic ahab!

14. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Can we shoot at the black helicopters? Sounds like fun.

15. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

tripod,trouble is,they shoot back.

16. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

So once again we're back to the Clinton/Reno justice dept. (Obama/Holder justice dept) where loyal American citizens are seen as a bigger threat than the jihadists.............so why am I not surprised?

John C. Saubak

17. primer

primer TS Member

Have we arrived at the time of the Brave New World? Where are the minds of the people of Arcadia to let this happen? Maybe we are lucky they are showing us now what they are going to do in the future. I don't think Hitler did that.

18. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

"did it ever occur to any of you this is most likely training for Iraq and Afghanistan?" Of course it is...But wait a minute were going to be leaving that part of the world. At least according with the Pres..

Hidden agenda I think not. Stupid and ineffective yes. I asked an aquantance of mine with black ops experience his thoughts. Nearly pissed himself laughing. The type of op described is dangerous for a large group. Remember if we are talking about Muslim terrorists they will blow up a whole block if they think it will kill one American. Better to use native civilian assets for intel and a small 8 to 20 man team for apprehension.

Lastly unless there has been a huge change in policy since the inauguration. SOP is to take out high value targets not apprehend them.

Joe

19. ksaul1

ksaul1 TS Member

Silly boys you got so much to live for
    So much to aim for, so much to try for
    You blowing it all with paranoia
    Youre so insecure you self-destroyer

Paranoia, the destroyer....................

Paranoia, the destroyer....................

Sheesh.

20. stims

stims TS Member

Whatever Ksaul, Im not waiting for them to knock on my door, and I think theres alot of people who think the same way. Take a good look at the white house and who's running the show now,no paranoia here I'll be involved with any grass roots to protect our constitution its not just the second amendment thats under attack. Im telling you wake up your losing your country!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.