1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IOWA LOSES A GOOD ONE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BeerKing, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Joanne Delong,an icon in the trapshooting circle in Iowa passed away last night due to complications from heart surgery.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Oh my God! I wasn't expecting this.

That is just a down right shame.

Really sorry to hear it!

My condolences to her family.

Hauxfan!

3. Ken Brandt

Ken Brandt Active Member

The best thing about Joanne was you alway's knew where she stood on the subject. She pulled no punches. She was usually right too.

Deepest condolences to the family. She will be missed.

respectfully

Ken Brandt

4. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

What a treasure of a person. I was saddened to hear this news. She will be greatly missed. Otter Creek won't seem quite the same without her.

The bright spot is she hangin' with husband Jerry again. Probably at a shoot and havin' a Bud and a cigarette.

Thanks for all you did for OCSC and trapshooting. Love you Joanne. RIP.
    John & Kathy Dvorak

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Very sorry to hear of Joannes passing. I remember her and her husband from the Iowa shoots. My condolenses to her family, She will be missed by many. Dave Bishop

6. dukcall

dukcall Member

Super Super Nice Lady, Provided so much help for Iowa Trapshooters.She will be missed by a lot shooters,Prayers to her family.Dave Roby

7. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Our condolences. We will keep the Family in our thoughts and prayers.

The Bartholows

8. bigelow

bigelow TS Member

When Jerry decided not to run for another term as president of the ISTA, he asked if I would consider the position with his and Joanne's support. He said, "The job will be easy as Joanne will do most of the work!!!" Well he was right. I had the honor of Jerry's counsel, and Joanne's wisdom and I will be forever grateful. Few will really ever know the value that Jerry and Joanne brought to the success of the ISTA. A friend told me once when I lost a loved one.........."Todays tears will one day be replaced by smiles when we reflect on the life lost." Jerry and Joanne fit that discreption perfectly. Love you both............ Denny Bigelow

9. NintyT

NintyT Member

Joanne was a fine lady! I was shocked to hear of her passing, and wont be able to visit Iowa without thinking of her. Miss you already.........

Steve j

10. kjohnson

kjohnson Member

Joanne will be missed. I always enjoyed visiting with her, she was friendly and encouraging.

Our condolences to her family and friends.

Kathy Johnson and Mike English

11. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Services will be Saturday at 1:00 p.m. at Cedar Memorial 4200 1st Ave NE Cedar Rapids Iowa 52402. Phone # 319-393-8300 There will be no visitation.

12. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

13. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

14. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

The first year (1998) we visited Iowa for the state Trap shoot Joanne was one of the first to greet us and make us very welcome.

Every other year we visited she was one of the first to meet us, so sorry for her loss, she was a great asset and a great lady.

Gary Kennerson....... Sydney Australia.

15. j l c

j l c TS Member

Aways made you feel welcome and provided encouragement when needed. A great ambassador of trapshooting. I am sure her presence will be missed. My deep sympathy for her family. RIP Joanne
    Jerry L. Crenshaw

16. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

17. jdelong

jdelong TS Member

I, my brothers, and our families sincerely appreciate your thoughtful posts about our mother. She was truly a wonderful woman! You all meant a great deal to her. (When I got married in 2008, she made it clear I had better not consider getting married around the fourth of July, since that would interfere with the annual fourth of July shoot.) You provided her with friendship, love, and so much more. I very much appreciate the help you have given her since my father died. I heard so many times, "Oh, someone from the gun club does that for me."

I hope you will be able to join us for her services on Saturday. There will also be a reception at Cedar Memorial Family Center immediately following the services. I am looking forward to hearing more of your stories about my mom!

Julie DeLong

18. MX10RS

MX10RS Member

My condolences to the DeLong family. I knew both Jerry and Joanne and as we missed Jerry, we will too miss Joanne. Great people in every sense of the word.
    God Bless.

Hal Myers

19. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

God Speed Joanne, I hope you and Jerry are reunited and maybe finding a trapfeild in heaven that throws perfect targets.

I sure miss Otter Creek and all the friendly faces

Doug Halsch

20. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.