1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Iowa flood vs. New Orleans

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Big Heap, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

... As you watch the flooding in the Midwest , have you noticed that there
    are no farmers running around with stolen plasma TVs or holding stolen
    liquor over their heads. There's no looting or yelling "Where's Bush?",
    "Where's FEMA?, Where's my check?", or "Why isn't the Gov't out here
    saving me and my farm?"

Likewise, I've also noticed there are no reports of any other country coming
    to help or sending aid. Where is that guy from the Netherlands who is responsible for disaster aid for the UN ?

Interesting contrast ...

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I've noticed and, true, it's quite obvious - even the teenagers are willing to work instead of loot. Must be something about where and how they're raised, eh?...Bob Dodd

3. RTA48

RTA48 TS Member

No kidding! And the crime rate in Houston isnt going to go up 25% either.

RTA48

4. DJM

DJM Member

And the snipers? Why no reports of snipers shooting at rescue personnell? Is the media doing a cover-up on that?

5. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Look at the population differences. While watching the catastrophy being reported in Louisiana, I did see a few people working. I suppose noting this makes me a racist because the people working were all caucasians.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There is a rumor that a bunch of folks from New Orleans is going to be moving north to Iowa for some of the Government Benefits, wait until they find out there ain't none and that if you don't work you don't eat ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ya weres the UN. LOL

8. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Big, you hit it on the head. Funny how those who work for what they have, work to save it, and most don`t look for hand outs.

Tom R.

9. Jwints525

Jwints525 TS Member

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/06/20/flooding.sandbags/index.html
    Check out the above story to read of teens from Football teams to Church groups forgoing activities to help with the sanbagging of towns that they don't even live in in Missouri. Ya gotta be proud of these kids!

10. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

flincher isn't it about time you blamed Bush for all the flooding and levy breaks?...Bill

11. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

The reason is easy to figure out.
    No lower 9th Ward
    No 4 generations living off welfare.

It's amazing how differently productive people act.
    Sonny

12. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

It's all Bush's fault.

13. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

I do not think you will see too many from New Orleans moving to Iowa to try to collect govt. handouts. There won't be many and they will probably be loans with the expectation of repayment.

Some did show up in Des Moines after Katrina, but asked to be moved to another state when one of the primary stops at their in processing were placement people for the jobs bureaus.

Funny Iowans, thinking welfare freeloaders would actually want a JOB.

14. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

all the contributers here on T.S. make me feel real good to be an Iowa boy,, even if i did have to move away back in 1986. was back home (Clinton, Iowa) for the month of May river was high then, but not like now , what i see on TV looks as bad as 1965. normal river stage(at Clinton) is 9ft,,, flood stage is 16ft,,, in 65 it went to 24.8 now permit me to assure you that is a lot of extra water,,& boy did we throw a lot of sandbags. i see on TV the river was closed to traffic from Clinton down to St. Louis. still have many friends & relatives there & am praying for them. ross

15. flylta

flylta TS Member

Mny here have summed up the issue.

Welfare was ment for people to better themselves as a hand up, but unfortunatly has become a huge money pit and a way of life for many.

Or it could just be a question of white or wrong.

Not sure

16. Butterfingers

Butterfingers TS Member

I will bet the {folks) around New Orleans are at present digging at the side of the levee.Reason, they need to more handouts.

17. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

The national news seems to thrive on the woes of the minorities and New Orleans was a natural disaster made for news. Rita was an equal disaster but little national coverage, ie Iowa floods , ie tornadoes is midwest and so on and so on. My 2 cents worth. Jim W.

18. larryjk

larryjk Member

Iowa Flood vs New Orleans. The only negative reports I have seen are some reports of marshall law, home "checking" by uniformed personnel in Cedar Rapids.
    If they don't get an answer, they break in to make sure "everything" is safe, ie: no gas leaks, etc. My question is, Who pays for the damages caused by breaking in the front door, and who keeps the place secure now that they have broken the door? This stinks. Those black uniforms need to be replaced, along with a different attitude by those wearing them.

19. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

I personally think God is still mad at New Orleans. All the doo-doo that washes out of the cattle lots has to go some where and the last time I took physics doo-doo still rolls (flows) down hill (stream in this case).

Guess who lives down stream????

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Flincher can't even get the weather right at the Ohio State shoot. They just started again after a 2 hour delay for a storm that went through.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.