1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Iowa court ruling transforms the gay-marriage map

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by jcw62, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcw62

jcw62 TS Member

What the hell is going on out in the heartland?????????????

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I guess "Out behind the barn" just ain't what it used to be.

HM

3. jcw62

jcw62 TS Member

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YOz4HggOj9s&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YOz4HggOj9s&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Homosexuals can already live together and be perverts to their hearts delight. Nobody is stopping them. What they want to do is tear down the current definition of marriage so they don't feel like the freaks and misfits that everyone knows that they are. It can't happen. They will always be freaks and perverts no matter what the courts say.

5. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Iowa is an Obama state. They voted with their hands out to the federal government.

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

highflyer, I love you man! But not like that...........

7. halfmile

Eeeeeeeeeeew.....keep it clean, there.

HM

8. jcw62

jcw62 TS Member

The next thing you know those folks out there in Iowa will be wanting to marry one of their old stump broke Cows

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Kind of a double edged sword that constitution. What this latest ruling in Iowa has done is to declare the voter driven ban on gay marriage in Iowa unconstitutional. So this isn't so much the people of Iowa speaking out in support of gay marriage as it is a matter of the separation religious beliefs from state laws.

Here is the unanimous opinion; “state government can have no religious views, either directly or indirectly through it’s legislation,” the opinion says. “As a result, civil marriage must be judged under our constitutional standards of equal protection and not under religious doctrines or the religious views of individuals.”

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Always being a Devils's Advocate, what frickin' difference and/or impact has this court decision affected your life?

Geez, with everything else that's happening to us, this is "Nada"..

Curt

11. jcw62

jcw62 TS Member

Never fails there will always be someone to try and justify putting a square peg in a round whole....what if one of you wants to marry your sister, that should be ok and no problem especially if she is a looker don't you think.....Curt sounds like you might have your eyes on one of them plow boys...LOL

12. halfmile

NO mountains in Iowa.........lookin for Brokeback Cornfield.

HM

13. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

No need for a pair of fruits to file for a divorce. I've purchased a couple pry bars at Home Depot and am prepared to do legal separations for a reasonable fee....

14. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

There needs to be some sort of compromise here. Clearly, homosexual couples deserve the same rights as married couples, otherwise it's just like the race issue all over again. But many, including myself, are either unsure as to whether to call gay couples "married," or say it's not marriage. The compromise needs to be that the gay couples can have the same rights as married couples, yet don't call it marriage. Gay people do not affect you and I, so why limit their rights?
    -Trappy

15. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Okay, first of all, how is it ever the governments place to tell people who they can and cannot marry? I don't really care who gets married to who, they're not affecting me, so I don't care. If you have a problem with it, you come to Iowa and bitch to them yourselves. You all need to wake up and realize we live in a new world, things change, it's not the 50's anymore. Second, I believe Iowa is one of the only states hit by a natural disaster that didn't stand around asking "where's my free government money?" JMO, Josh.

16. jcw62

jcw62 TS Member

Crappy12 that is nothing more than a liberal response, the gays can marry AS LONG AS IT IS A WOMAN AND TRY AND MAKE IT A CIVIL RIGHTS ISSUE IS NOTHING BUT A LIBERAL TALKING POINT.

17. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Trappy, it's "affect you and me", not affect "you and I"..analagous to "I pulled the trigger" vs. "me pulled the trigger." What's it called, I forget the terms in grammar, but I can get it correctly. Please consult with your English teacher or the classic book, Sound and Sense.

BTW, I agree with your opinion re. this issue which, imo, really ought to be a non-issue. I do think the term "marriage" applies to male-female relationships, but otherwise, I have no particular problem with legal rights equally distributed. But if it semantics that alienates, let's stop the alienation and be done with it. I always felt that there is "plenty of room" for diversity in this country if said diversity doesn't impinge upon the rights or safety of others.

However, I do wish I could marry my trapgun and have another write off, but my tax man said I can't. I mean aren't all trapguns/guns/ships female?

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Sure appears like someone on this thread is having masculinity issues.....

Get a life..

Curt

19. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

I dont care what they do as long as it doesnt affect me either.But I have one question.Why do some men get a high squeeky voice and talk funny because of their sexual orientation? ......Don

20. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Increased taxes for the rest of us because of the increased deduction for marriage is one thing that will happen. Also place more of a burden on our social security system. Ahh liberalism is taking its slow toll on us all. both the aware and the unaware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.