1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

intl trapstock vs reg trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acss, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

having never seen or done international trap-- what is the differances between POI and stock dimensions

2. acss

i thot this was a more rounded group?!--- is an intl. trap gun the same as a pigeon gun for poi?

3. shrek

shrek Active Member

seems that for most folks an international gun would most likely be flatter shooting, like a sporting clays gun than an american trap gun because the targets are varying degree of rise, some low and some high.

4. acss

thanks

5. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Very humbling!!

6. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

The club I used to belong to had an international bunker & the guys who shot on it used predominantly Perazzi's with 30" or 32" barrels usually choked IM/F. Some had monte carlos stocks & some used straight stocks with parallel combs. Most claimed their guns shot fairly flat, usually no higher than 60/40. These guys were old timers shooting older guns. If you see pictures of todays young shooters, some have guns with very high ribs & adjustable combs to match so I guess the trend has changed. I never shot pigeons but have an MX-8 that a previous owner set up for live birds. It has 32" bbls. choked IM/XF, monte carlo stock & shoots pretty flat. It also has a rel/pull trigger & Seitz style porting in the bottom bbl. which I think isn't allowed in intl. shooting. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

international trap vs american trap

internationaltrapshootingstocks